RIP Larry Hagman

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly haven't really seen a whole lot of Dallas, though I am familiar with his character of J.R. Ewing.

Still, it's really I Dream of Jeannie that I got to know him from, and I thought he was great on it, it's certainly one of my all-time favorites.

I wasn't aware that he was currently battling throat cancer, but I didn't think he was looking too awfully healthy for some time now.

*Cue more whining about what a sucky year 2012 has been with everybody dying*

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this. Michelle and I were hoping to have a Dallas marathon sometime during my visit. How sad to hear about his passing. :cry:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am so sad to read of Larry"s passing i grew up with both dallas tv show and i dream of jennie now own both series complte on DVD and love them dearly to this day i am so sad to know that he was so ill had no idea the cancer was that bad it was told in the madia that it was not thoat or liver cancer at this time but anoter form i wa surprised to hear of it being thorate cancer was glad to hear that Lida gray was by his side when he passed along with his close friends and his wife and family .

he was back in Dallas the town he loved so much , i got a chance to have a jennie bottle singed by barbra eden and the bottle creater was going to send to larry to singn but we forgot to do that at the cebrty show in 2o1o will regret that forever .
Larry is one of my all time faverite actors will miss him so much i know he looked in faling health in the last 2 or so years so sad to know that he died during the thanksgiving weekend i lost my grandfather darwood on the thanksgiving weekend 06 in a dallas area hospil in o6 my prayers are with his friends and family a great talent . will miss him terrible could still act just as well as his early years never lost the talent worked until the very end . That is my kind of person
Love that man Hard work funny love you Larry RIP Dance with Jesus in heaven .

i am still in a bit of shock and sad love you fun memerories your talent brought fun into my life always will live on sad you are gone still to early but love the time you where blessed us on earlth . RIP . Larry see u in heaven brother

one more thing i wanted to say about Dallas there will always be a JR dallas screen saver with Larry as JR on my laptop have had it for monthes since found on the Tv show website .

muppet baby

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this. Michelle and I were hoping to have a Dallas marathon sometime during my visit. How sad to hear about his passing. :cry:

And incidentally Snowth I viewed this thread as a guest before signing in to reply and I agree 100% with you about the advertisement issue in your feedback thread. That is too much.:sigh::confused:
thank you my darling yes that was one thing that where going to do but did not make to dallas martthon and you could see the DVDs i have the comptele series but time did not make want that to be the first thing u and i do when u come back wathc the comeplte dallas series together i was trying to get my reply to the thread in general but took a few min to go though computer thread trouble werid i love you.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm so sorry my trip had to be cut short Sweetie. We will watch them next time. I love you too.

Hayley B

Reaction score
R.I.P Larry Hagman. I keep thinking that new Dallas might as well be cancelled.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh... not another famous person. Larry Hagman? Darn it! My parents idols are definetely starting to fade. First, Jerry, Kevin, and now Larry Hagman. (cries) People say this is a good year? That's what's wrong with this world. Arghhhhhh!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh... not another famous person. Larry Hagman? Darn it! My parents idols are definetely starting to fade. First, Jerry, Kevin, and now Larry Hagman. (cries) People say this is a good year? That's what's wrong with this world. Arghhhhhh!
No offense but what happened with Kevin doesn't really compare to people passing away.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
No offense but what happened with Kevin doesn't really compare to people passing away.
He DID resign from Sesame Street, but yeah I suppose you're right. He does not compare to people passing away... yet.