RIP Muppet Newsflash?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... the domain is up for sale, and you get one of those TERRIBLE hosting sites that have terrible search engines that bring you to nowhere. Not good at all.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh no! A Flash Crash? Waaa! It looks like it's now official - Muppetnewsflash is a Twitter-only resource (which has pretty much been the case the last several months, the main site's closure just makes it official).

Dang. The actual site itself will be missed. I'll check the Twitter feed of course, but still i'd much rather see an actual site than just being Tweets.

On the upside, it looks like i might finally have a change in fortune with a new job this month which hopefully should mean reviving Muppet Freak so if that happens and Newsflash still doesn't have a actual homebase by that time, i might adapt it to include more news along with commentary.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I sincerely hope Greg's site isn't gone for good... Yes, it's become extremely watered down and the updates have been few and far-between lately, but it has always been the cornerstone news update source for Muppet fans.

Here's hoping it comes back soon!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A real shame, especially since there were a few good interviews on there that are now lost to us.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Mu INTERVIEWS! gone what! no this can't be the Ask Jim stuff wow I what! I need to try and e mail Greg maybe we can get the Interviews psted on the mindset! I would hate to have to re- do the interviwes We worked hard on them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This must be an oversight. I'm sure he'll be back.

It's such a great resource, but there have been too many tumbleweeds over there in the last year. I hear he's been Twittering a lot, but I'll never see any of it as I'm not a Twitter bug. I kind of like to compartmentalize my life rather than get Tweets all day long. It’s a changing world and I might just get left behind because of that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This must be an oversight. I'm sure he'll be back.

It's such a great resource, but there have been too many tumbleweeds over there in the last year. I hear he's been Twittering a lot, but I'll never see any of it as I'm not a Twitter bug. I kind of like to compartmentalize my life rather than get Tweets all day long. It’s a changing world and I might just get left behind because of that.
Well I think haveing the Newsflash, the Mindset, MC, Toughpigs, and Muppetcast on facebook and twitter are a good thing. I don't however think that having the Newsflash just be on thouse to would be a real great idea, just for the fact that it is not the offical web site of the news flash. If that makes any sense.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I'm with you there, Jamie. Twitter should be a tool to tell people you've updated the main site. It shouldn't be the only thing you use to inform people. You alienate way too many fans that way. Honestly, he's posted some great stuff on Twitter that never made it to the site. I never understood why. *shrug*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well I think haveing the Newsflash, the Mindset, MC, Toughpigs, and Muppetcast on facebook and twitter are a good thing. I don't however think that having the Newsflash just be on thouse to would be a real great idea, just for the fact that it is not the offical web site of the news flash. If that makes any sense.
Newsflash has been such a Muppet gem over the last few years it's just sad the site has decreased in updates.

Other Muppet sites have been able to balance both main page and external updates. It's a hard thing to maintain a site. More than I could ever do and Greg kept up with it enthusiastically for so long when Muppet Central's main page was pretty much dead. MC is now 99% forum only and it's a shame. The Newsflash filled that gap for a while when even Tough Pigs went away. I'm glad TP came back with such great content! Now we have the Mindset too! I'm amazed by the updates!

Newsflash used to be my first go-to site and now it's the last. Life happens and people get busy. I'm thankful for all the Newslash has given us fans through the last few years. I guess nothing lasts forever. I hope Newsflash comes back in full-force and I will always be a loyal fan.