1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

RIP Muppet Newsflash?

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just because my computer is being incredibly weird but it doesn't look like www.muppetnewsflash.com is working anymore. What's going on? Is the site gone for good?
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... the domain is up for sale, and you get one of those TERRIBLE hosting sites that have terrible search engines that bring you to nowhere. Not good at all.
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Oh no! A Flash Crash? Waaa! It looks like it's now official - Muppetnewsflash is a Twitter-only resource (which has pretty much been the case the last several months, the main site's closure just makes it official).

Dang. The actual site itself will be missed. I'll check the Twitter feed of course, but still i'd much rather see an actual site than just being Tweets.

On the upside, it looks like i might finally have a change in fortune with a new job this month which hopefully should mean reviving Muppet Freak so if that happens and Newsflash still doesn't have a actual homebase by that time, i might adapt it to include more news along with commentary.
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope Greg's site isn't gone for good... Yes, it's become extremely watered down and the updates have been few and far-between lately, but it has always been the cornerstone news update source for Muppet fans.

Here's hoping it comes back soon!
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

A real shame, especially since there were a few good interviews on there that are now lost to us.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Mu INTERVIEWS! gone what! no this can't be the Ask Jim stuff wow I what! I need to try and e mail Greg maybe we can get the Interviews psted on the mindset! I would hate to have to re- do the interviwes We worked hard on them.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This must be an oversight. I'm sure he'll be back.

It's such a great resource, but there have been too many tumbleweeds over there in the last year. I hear he's been Twittering a lot, but I'll never see any of it as I'm not a Twitter bug. I kind of like to compartmentalize my life rather than get Tweets all day long. It’s a changing world and I might just get left behind because of that.
  8. dwayne1115

Well I think haveing the Newsflash, the Mindset, MC, Toughpigs, and Muppetcast on facebook and twitter are a good thing. I don't however think that having the Newsflash just be on thouse to would be a real great idea, just for the fact that it is not the offical web site of the news flash. If that makes any sense.
  9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I'm with you there, Jamie. Twitter should be a tool to tell people you've updated the main site. It shouldn't be the only thing you use to inform people. You alienate way too many fans that way. Honestly, he's posted some great stuff on Twitter that never made it to the site. I never understood why. *shrug*
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Newsflash has been such a Muppet gem over the last few years it's just sad the site has decreased in updates.

Other Muppet sites have been able to balance both main page and external updates. It's a hard thing to maintain a site. More than I could ever do and Greg kept up with it enthusiastically for so long when Muppet Central's main page was pretty much dead. MC is now 99% forum only and it's a shame. The Newsflash filled that gap for a while when even Tough Pigs went away. I'm glad TP came back with such great content! Now we have the Mindset too! I'm amazed by the updates!

Newsflash used to be my first go-to site and now it's the last. Life happens and people get busy. I'm thankful for all the Newslash has given us fans through the last few years. I guess nothing lasts forever. I hope Newsflash comes back in full-force and I will always be a loyal fan.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah, I just don't get twitter, but I do facebook. :o
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I don't really understand Twitter. I mean, what's the point? I like the idea of major companies being able to announce things quickly from it, as with the Henson Company and Muppet Studios, but otherwise... I guess I just don't get the point. I also don't understand the layout of twitter sites. It doesn't seem that the messages people post are very coherent, and the order in which messages are added doesn't make sense to me either. Of course, I don't have a twitter account, so maybe that makes a difference.

*sigh* I feel like an old man amongst my peers.
  13. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

So do I and I'm only 19!

With Twitter and all those la-de-dah social sites, it's like there trying (and succeeding)to replace REAL human contact! :attitude:

Back on subject, I never really got on MuppetNewsFlash all that much, but when I did it was always informative and always helped me get my facts straight as to what was really going on in the Muppet world. NOW I AM LOST! :eek:
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

looks like one of those search companies registered it the minute it ran out, they usually do that for domains that a lot of sites link too.

Big shame ... though its great to see more people starting Muppet blogs
  15. zns

zns Active Member

It's a shame how good things can come to an end. :sympathy:
  16. dwmckim

Don't be lost...in between the Newsflash's twitter feed, Muppetsstudio's twitter feed, toughpigs, mindset, this forum (and maybe my site a couple months down the road if my personal life gets back on track), you're covered.

...and if all that fails, you can always try Hare Krishna.
  17. If the Muppet News Flash really is gone for good, I consider that a Big Loss. Not only was the work second to none, but this would represent a severed connection to Disney, Sesame, and Henson. That's always a sad.
  18. dwayne1115

I agree with you on that one Steve. I ust hope we can get something like the newsflash up again. The Mindset is good, but they don't have Greg's connections. Some how I think between all of us we could fiuger out something to kind of get it or something like it back up.

My huge tff is that there where at least 4 to 5 interviews that me and Greg did of people around the Muppets/Henson/Sesame I feel that it was kind of the start of everyone else getting exited about doing interviews. I know that we could have done more, and I wanted to do more, but things happen. I tired to send Greg a note on facebook because the E=mail i have for him is the one for the newsflash. So if I can at least get a hold of the interviews i want to put them somewhere, ethier on here or on the mindset or something. I'm kicking myself now because I didn't save the interviews when Greg, E mailed them to me.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

They usually give many warnings (via snail mail, email and phone) when your host or domain is going to expire. This is what leads me to believe that Greg's just busy. It's almost his 5th year web-versary. I hope Newsflash comes back to us.

Also, I forgot to mention the wonderful work of the MuppetCast. Lengthy clips slow down my computer while working so I rarely tune into podcasts, but when I do it's always the fantastic MuppetCast! We're lucky to have so many great Muppet sites out there. Still, it wouldn't be complete without Newsflash!

I hope this gets sorted-out. :concern:
  20. dwmckim

I'm thinking maybe the Newsflash's loss could be the cue for Muppet Central to step up as a website...

There were some shared news items between Newsflash and MC and pretty much all the updates on the site (that weren't product reviews that conveniently link to an Amazon page which supports the site) has been news items Gregg wrote. So perhaps the old articles and interviews could be hosted here and further news stories appear here.

It would be a win-win situation. Old interviews still have a home. Gregg has a place to post news stories that has a built-in audience and long-standing reputation, and Muppet Central gets a steadier stream of new content which has been the main site's biggest weakness the last couple years; this would help reinvigorate it.