RIP "No Day But Today"

Princeton

Reaction score
Yes, NDBT is finally ending for a couple reasons:

1) I'm busy with other writing projects
2) I'm tired of the characters
3) Only three (count 'em, three!) people read every single one. So, on behalf of Snowthy, Beth, and Marty, thank you and I apologize.

Final thought: The burning question that I will keep asking until the day I die is "Why did I even start it in the first place?" Oh, wait, I know! To complete the trinity of MC sitcoms (the first two of which alotta alotta people read them). Why in the name of God did nobody read scripts for MY show? I went to a **** of a lot of trouble cranking out those friggin' scripts, and for what? So THREE people would read every single one! Not that I don't appreciate it, but come on! Three people? Is my writing that bad? I've been told that writing is my best quality, but this forum has proven that statement to be TOTALLY wrong. So, for me, for my sanity, and for the common good, No Day But Today is over!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw man Brian, that sucks so bad, I can't believe you're pulling the plug! I'm proud to be a loyal fan, but I'm disappointed that only three people watch this show!

I do have only two theories to answer your question: 1. I think people think that "okay first we had The Moppet Family that was good, then T*K*O came along okay, but aren't these MC sitcoms getting a bit old now?" I don't know if you've noticed, but ratings for T*K*O have been deminishing lately: half of our audience has abandonned us lately.

Another theory I have is because unlike the first two, No Day But Today doesn't really feature actual MC members in the scenarios.

Again, this really sucks, I was actually wondering why we were suddenly left hanging in mid-season, I the wedding was coming up man! THE WEDDING!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I too am sad that it's over, but as I already told you in an e-mail, I understand your decision. It's frustrating when no one reads your work, trust me, I know about that. My theory about the other sitcoms is, the Moppet Family is more of a role play, so there are many who are involved with it and that's why it's popular. T*K*O* kind of stemmed from an inside joke, so again, it was a little more popular, although like Snowthy said, it's losing viewers too, I've noticed I'm one of the only ones reading it now too. So it comes down to it being a fad that just isn't popular anymore. It does happen. You are a good writer Brian, don't give up on writing, I always enjoyed reading your work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Brian... Sad to see this one end as well, since we're also losing T*K*O this season. Though I may not have posted in every new script/thread, I did enjoy the stories and progression of the characters and plotlines. Um, maybe you're confusing the number of people who post in the threads with the number of people who actually read the thread without necessarily posting? Dunno, just another theory. But your writing has been good and I've definitely come to enjoy it. Then again, I also understand being frustrated with a creative project and not being able o brin all your ideas forth... Hope this helps cheer you up in some small method and thanks for all the NDBT stories.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My sympathies and congratulations to you Brian.
You really were very clever to come up with these NDBT scripts and I'm sorry you didn't get a great deal of feedback from them. But like Ed said maybe many people did like them but never actually posted comments. Which can be very disappointing I know. But you definitely have a writer's talent my friend and I hope you can make something out of it one day. You might be able to write books or who knows?

Nurture your creative talents Brian. It's well worth it.:smile:

G-MAN

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sorry Princeton, back before life started interfering in my posting I read every single story you did, I just never got a chance to reply to all of them, but I respect your decision, and will continue to read and enjoy the repeats.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
Hey, I'm sorry Princeton, back before life started interfering in my posting I read every single story you did, I just never got a chance to reply to all of them, but I respect your decision, and will continue to read and enjoy the repeats.
I was wondering where you've been,you used to be a regular T*K*O viewer as well.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I know, and I am sorry, I hope to be on here on a more regular basis again, and I will catch up on what I missed on *T*K*O*