1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

RIP Richard Hunt

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppet Newsgirl, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

It's been 17 years now...

Rest in peace, Richard, and many thanks for all the Muppet-related laughs and giggles you gave (and still give) to fans all over the world.

;):flirt::boo:
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

What can I say? (bows head in respectful manner of appreciation to Richard's memory)
    Thank you for the great Muppeteer you were Richard. We will always remember you when we watch your characters entertain us again and again.
    RIP forever more. :cry:
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Remembering you today, Richard, and grateful we still have so many opportunities to enjoy your work with the Muppets. ;)

I'm reminded of a poem I once read in a magazine that reminded me of him and the legacy I think he left behind:

"Now that I am gone,
    remember me with smiles and laughter.
    And if you need to cry,
    cry with your brother or sister
    who walks in grief beside you.
    And when you need me,
    put your arms around anyone
    and give to them what you need to give to me.
    There are so many who need so much.
    I want to leave you something --
    something much better than words or sounds.
    Look for me in the people I've known
    or helped in some special way.
    Let me live in your heart
    as well as in your mind.
    You can love me most
    by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,
    by embracing them and living in their love.
    Love does not die, people do.
    So, when all that's left of me is love,
    give me away as best you can."

Don't forget to get out his Find a Grave page and if you'd like, my Blog entry, hehe.
  4. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Heralde - awesome, awesome blog entry. It was really great. :)

Rest in peace Richard.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Here's to Richard Hunt! A Muppet great!
  6. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Hats off to Mr. Hunt! ;):flirt::eek:
  7. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I...completely forgot.
  8. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Few people continue to to bring joy and laughter to the lives of others 17 years after their passing, but I can't help but to get a smile on my face every time I watch any of the antics of his characters when I watch the Muppet Show or Fraggle Rock. Thanks, Richard, and rest in peace.
  9. heralde

Aw thank you, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! : D

Aw it's OK, I nearly did until the other day. It's not just one day that matters anyway, but the whole life. ;)
  10. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

RIP, Richard. A good Muppeter, and a funny person. Or is it a good person, and a funny Muppeter? I'll just say its both.
  11. Muppet Newsgirl

Rully nice poem, heralde - like I said over in the other thread, it really echoes Richard's spirit and outlook on life.
  12. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Wow. 17 years.

I... I really do not know what to say. Richard Hunt is my favourite muppeteer, I love him and his characters. A great loss, he was.

RIP Richard Hunt.
  13. Skye

Skye Active Member

I was thinking about Richard an extra amount all day today.

We miss you, Richard. And there is nothing better than the fun, laughter, and joy you left for us. Love you always.
  14. heralde

Yeah and like I said in the other thread (hehe), it's a good lesson for anyone in a time of mourning. Instead of just being sad, be inspired by how your loved one lived their life and affected the people around them. :)
  15. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

Richard was by far my favorite of the performers. I can't describe why though. He seems like a close friend I never got to meet. :cry:
  16. Muppet Newsgirl

Well put, Devco, and I think that's just how most people around here view Richard: a close friend that we never got to meet.
  17. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I loved Richard Hunt and he's one of my favorite muppeteers. What I loved about him was his natural talents, his singing, his acting, his comedic side that everyone loved. I love all his characters that he performed when he was alive. These are my favorite characters that he performed:
    Scooter, Janice and Statler from The Muppet Show
    Don Music, Gladys the cow, Placido Flamingo and The Beetles' lead singer from Sesame Street
    Junior Gorg and Gunge from Fraggle Rock
    Charlie Muskrat from Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas
    Lugsy from The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic
    With all these characters, he brought a lot of personality and humor to the characters just like the other performers did, but Richard's personality was out of this world!
    We will miss you forever, Richard.
  18. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Oh my gosh, I've been so wrapped up in my own troubles that I have forgotten about Richards death-day...

Here's to Richard, our favorite muppeter side of Jim...And Frank. Well, we can't leave out Dave either or Jerry. Oh well we still love him and his work immenisely, and the joy and laughter that it gave us. Remember this giver of mirth well.

Its not often that it seems like an angel comes down to Earth to delightfully entertain us. He will be sorely missed. We all love you, Richard Hunt. ;)
  19. heralde

Vey well put, Sara. And we should all be inspired by the example. :)