1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

RIP TMS guests

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Wow. It's incredibly sad to realize this but to date 48 celebrities who appeared on the Muppet Show are now deceased. :cry:

Here's the information.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Show_guest_stars_who_have_died

Hard to believe some of them are no longer with us. Especially John Denver. It seemed like he was going to be around for a good long time to come then whoosh and he was gone. :(

Watching TMS will never feel quite the same again now that these sensational people are gone. RIP
  2. jackdelayne Member

They were some really great wonderful people... it really is so sad to see so many go.

I'm kind of with you about John Denver. He had so a beautiful way with songs. It was kind of like he sang straight to your soul. There's not many singers who have been able to capture an emotion in music the way he could.

I miss so many wonderful people that have passed on. :(
  3. LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I was feeling really sad about reading this list (especially John Denver and Gilda Radner) until I got to the picture of Beverly Sills with Gonzo - spoons-from-the-nose and all - and then I smiled again.
  4. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yes, I really miss gilda radner and john denver. I also miss Avery Schriber. He started the spark between a certain Pig and a certain Frog.
    (Or at least got a certain frog jealous.)
  5. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I have a friend who's a professional entertainer in my local home city and he actually sometimes performs a tribute impersonation of Victor Borge. He uses all the jokes Victor himself used in his own monologues and a piano in the exact same way.
  6. muppet baby Active Member

Jonney cash and nacy walker where 2 of my all time favetrite guests on the Muppet show i am so sad that they are gone i cried so hard when Jonny cash died i am not into a lot of Country music but i like him a lot . Nancy walker such a great comedic actress did such a great job on the TMS and one of the faverite show that my mom had in collecge called roada playing the mother i still watch those DVDs grew up watching roada on TV land
  7. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of John Denver's music. He had the ability to put magic in his music whenever he sang, and I think that it's even in his written music. My favorite song is Eagles and Horses, but I like all of his songs. He will always be missed.
  8. muppfozz Member

Looking at all those pictures and remembering those people so sad. Don't forget the muppet performers and people who worked on the show now gone too. I thought some of the people shown were still alive...... time does fly.....
  9. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Just recently the 49th Muppet Show guest to pass away. Phyllis Diller. :cry:
  10. meepmuppaphones Active Member

Yes... Heard about that... Such a shame.
  11. meepmuppaphones Active Member

I especially am sad about Liberace, Danny Kaye, Gilda Radner, Roger Miller, and Spike Milligan.
  12. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

What, Danny Kaye?! Gene Kelly?! Doug Henning?!?!?!
    I seriously thought they were still alive…
  13. meepmuppaphones Active Member

Yeah, Danny Kaye was surprising. I knew about it quite a while ago, but it was a shock at first.
  14. FrogFan76 New Member

I made a VIDEO TRIBUTE to Phyllis Diller:

15. miss kermie Well-Known Member

DANNY KAYE!!!??? *Faints*
  16. Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

1872-2012? GOOD GONZO! Just kidding, but who was that in the video?
  17. bingboingcutie Active Member

Ah yes, every one of those TMS guest stars will be remembered and greatly missed. They have done so much throughout their careers that can be considered notable, but really, it doesn't get much better than their work on The Muppet Show, now does it?

When I started on Muppet fandom, I saw something in the news about Dom Deluise's death and got really sad. I couldn't believe one of the actual Muppet Show guest stars had died; for some reason, it didn't enter my mind that he was probably not the only one. So when I found the Muppet Show guest stars who have died page, it was blow after blow after blow. "Oh..Roger Miller...and Madeline Kahn??...not Spike Milligan too...oh..no...it's not...it can't be...GILDA RADNER??!?"

Needless to say, that night was a real downer.
  18. jgidley Active Member

Sadly, yes, Danny Kaye died about 25 years ago
  19. bingboingcutie Active Member

It's so sad to see how many of them have left us. When Anthony Daniels ( the man who played C-3Po in the Star Wars episode) dies, I'll be really disappointed. According to his Muppet Wiki page, he was a big Muppet fan and could hardly contain his excitement on the set of filming.
  20. muppetperson Well-Known Member

The list just got a little longer.RIP Andy Williams.