1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

RIP TMS guests

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MartyMuppets, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

No. That was Gene Kelly. (Recall the 'end of the world' plotline.)

Yeah, I thought of watching the one with Roger Moore as a tribute on my Timelife video, but I think that may be back at my parents' house, same thing with my season 3 DVD with Jean Stapleton. Seems like TMS guests are dropping like flies lately.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MartyMuppets

MartyMuppets Well-Known Member

Incidentally Kenny Baker, the tiny man who played Artoo Detoo in Star Wars also died sometime last year. However according to sources he never actually was a guest star officially. Apparently on the Star Wars episode they used a remote-controlled version of the robot character.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Kenny_Baker

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

RIP Roger Moore.:(

4. CBPuppets

CBPuppets Well-Known Member

Any news on Loretta Lynn?

5. MartyMuppets

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Latest addition... Bruce Forsythe has passed away, apparently he was knighted and everything. Who knew? Deepest condolences to his remaining family.

MartyMuppets likes this.
  7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I did. Brucie was really loved in the UK. I personally didn't but sad for the family

8. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Well-Known Member

Rest in peace to Sir Bruce Forsyth. His Muppet Show episode was a favorite of mines from Season One. My condolences to his close friends and family.

MikaelaMuppet and BlakeConor14 like this.
  9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

10. jobi71

jobi71 Well-Known Member

Jim Nabors passed away at age 87. He is best known, of course, as Gomer Pyle from the Andy Griffith Show and Gomer Pyle USMC. He also was a frequent guest star on variety shows during the 1970's. So, he was a very good fit for The Muppet Show. Carol Burnett used to refer to him as her "good luck charm" and would have him as one of her guests the first show of each season.

MartyMuppets likes this.
  11. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to watch that ep as a tribute if I ever get less busy.

Muppet Master likes this.
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Adds another tombstone for the latest addition to the TMS Guest Star Graveyard.

Auvoir Messieur Charles,
    Une pluss fantóm.
    Dormes vous peur eternite.
    Bon voyage a votre nuvelle meson.

Please pardon if I misspelled any words in the epitaph, its been several years since my French lessons.

:sleep: I love French singers.
    :boo: I love French fries!
    :sleep: French fries? I don't get it.
    :boo: That's because you didn't order any.

13. MartyMuppets

This makes the 57th guest star who's now deceased. I have nothing else I can think of to say. :(:cry:

14. DMHFan

DMHFan Well-Known Member

Roy Clark has died of pneumonia today.

15. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Well-Known Member

Rest in peace, Roy Clark. I will re-watch his Muppet Show episode in his honor.

MuppetsRule likes this.
  16. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

RIP Roy Clark. What an amazing picker.