RIP Tom Petty

snichols1973

Reaction score
Tom Petty also had a memorable run on King of the Hill as Elroy "Lucky" Kleinschmidt, the friendly good ol' boy redneck who eventually married Luanne Platter...

And now for a few of Mr. Petty's memorable videos in memoriam...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Tom Petty also had a memorable run on King of the Hill as Elroy "Lucky" Kleinschmidt, the friendly good ol' boy redneck who eventually married Luanne Platter...

And now for a few of Mr. Petty's memorable videos in memoriam...

I love the Alice In Wonderland themed video.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My top 10 favorite Tom Petty songs (in no particular order):

1. Here Comes My Girl
2. Refugee
3. Woman in Love
4. Don't Come Around Here No More
5. You're Jammin' Me
6. I Won't Back Down
7. Into The Great Wide Open
8. Mary Jane's Last Dance
9. King of the Hill (duet with Roger McGuinn, no relation to the tv show)
10. Inside Out (with the Travelling Wilburys)

snichols1973

Reaction score
My top 10 favorite Tom Petty songs (in no particular order):

1. Here Comes My Girl
2. Refugee
3. Woman in Love
4. Don't Come Around Here No More
5. You're Jammin' Me
6. I Won't Back Down
7. Into The Great Wide Open
8. Mary Jane's Last Dance
9. King of the Hill (duet with Roger McGuinn, no relation to the tv show)
10. Inside Out (with the Travelling Wilburys)
In regards to #9, it seems rather ironic that Tom Petty would go on to star in King of the Hill (the sitcom) about a decade or so after the song duet with Roger McGuinn...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Is this really the only thing some people can get out of his death? Let's leave politics aside for a bit and focus on the legend.

Tom Petty is one of the greats in rock history. While he hasn't been my favorite overall, he's definitely made some great songs. His death was a shock, and I'm sorry to hear that yet another great has passed on.

Didn't see this thread or I would've posted sooner, but yeah, RIP.

Censored

Reaction score
Is this really the only thing some people can get out of his death? Let's leave politics aside for a bit and focus on the legend.

Tom Petty is one of the greats in rock history. While he hasn't been my favorite overall, he's definitely made some great songs. His death was a shock, and I'm sorry to hear that yet another great has passed on.

Didn't see this thread or I would've posted sooner, but yeah, RIP.
It was an important aspect of his life that he wanted people to know about.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meh, who cares what he did with the flag? That's his ****ing issue and nothing more. I mean, have we heard stories that he was a white supremacist or that he supported slavery? No. At least, not that I've heard of.

Whatever the case, let's just be greatful he was around to make some great music.

Censored

Reaction score
Meh, who cares what he did with the flag? That's his ****ing issue and nothing more. I mean, have we heard stories that he was a white supremacist or that he supported slavery? No. At least, not that I've heard of.

Whatever the case, let's just be greatful he was around to make some great music.
I think you missed the point of what he was saying in the link. Tom Petty was very progressive and always against racism, but he came to realize that the confederate flag was sending the wrong message.