1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

RIP Tom Petty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fuzzygobo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I was hoping he would pull through, but the cardiac arrest was too much for him.
    Tom Petty, 66, rock legend, passed away an hour ago.

Leader of the Heartbreakers, part of the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys, (up there now with Roy Orbison and George Harrison), he sang, wrote songs, and played that 12-string Rickenbacker like it was nobody's business.

My two favorite tracks: "Don't Come Around Here No More". Still have the single when it came out spring '85. Multitracked sitars, and groovy psychedelic video.

" King of the Hill," fantastic duet with his idol Roger McGuinn.

Thanks for all the decades of great music Tom. I've been following you since I was 17, and you never got stale. Peace.

2. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Oops, I didn't realize someone else was gonna do this thread when I posted mine. Sorry, :\