RIP Tony Rosato

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Former SCTV and SNL cast member Tony Rosato has passed on.

Despite his personal struggles, and his unfair label as John Candy's replacement (on both series), Tony was a gifted performer, with a strong sense of characterization and timing. Perhaps my favorite impersonation of his was his Lou Costello, seen here opposite Eugene Levy's Bud Abbott.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...rday-night-live-dead-at-62.html?client=safari

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a minute there, I thought this thread said "RIP Tony Orlando." ><

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I got the entire Dick Ebsersol era of SNL on DVD for Christmas. Not the show's best period, but one that was full of dependable performers - Rosato, Robin Duke, Jim Belushi, Tim Kazurinsky, Joe Piscopo, Mary Gross, Christine Ebersole, The Practical Theater Company, and of course, Eddie Murphy. Not to mention the 10th Season with Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Chris Guest, Harry Shearer, and Rich Hall.

Tony was let go after Season 7, reportedly because he complained to Ebersol about not having enough to do on the show. Shame. He acted as a good straight man to some of the wackier cast members. I always enjoyed the segments he did opposite Piscopo's unseen, childlike Reagan.