1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Rita Moreno and Animal on Kennedy Center Honors December 29, 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by TheMuppetFan, Dec 29, 2015.

1. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

So, I tuned into the Kennedy Center Honors and they were honoring Rita Moreno, and they talked about her performance on The Muppet Show, then showed a clip of Moreno with Animal singing "Fever", then there was a commercial break.

After the commercial break, I heard the announcer mention this actress then the announcer said, "AND ANIMAL!" I dropped everything. I couldn't recognize the actress, but it was the actress and Animal recreating "Fever!" It was a great performance. Some notable people I saw in the audience laughing were Julie Andrews and Michelle Obama.

Comment below your thoughts on this appearance, if you've seen it.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I only caught the tail end of it, but it was nice that they could recreate a great moment from TMS.

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Nice that they were allowed to acknowledge that Animal has a puppeteer.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here it is on YT. I love Rita's reaction when she saw Animal:

MelissaY1 likes this.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

So they did show Eric performing him? I thought I saw that, but I wasn't sure. Quite interesting. Plus I didn't know about it before I saw it. I just turned it on for the heck of it, so that was a nice surprise.

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I didn't see Eric Jacobson anywhere in the performance...

8. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

Yeah. Neither did I, but I just watched the performance when it aired on TV, so maybe I missed something. I don't know.

9. Pig's Laundry

Well I found this image from the event,i'm not sure if it was televised or not
    [​IMG]

10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I think the trouble is we don't see Eric in person too often, unlike with Frank so it's hard to tell exactly what he looks like. But thanks for sharing that photo. It sort of gives us a general idea.

11. Pig's Laundry

He's actually one of the more visible muppeteers. Muppet Wiki has plenty of pictures of him. He's made appearances on tv here and there and events such as Comic Con.

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  12. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I finally got the chance to watch this clip recently. I think they did wonderful contemplating it. I don't think Rosie Perez had the comic timing as well as Rita Moreno, but definitely a nice tribute, and it was really sweet to see Rita's facial reactions in the audience. I'm glad they recognized that as an important part of her entertainment history, plus didn't she win the Emmy for that appearance on the Muppet Show?

13. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

It was, even though it was a split second