1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Robin photo puppet project.

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Ecl, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Ecl

Ecl Member

I figure I’ll share my recent Robin build! I made it as a “photo puppet”, so he has interior wiring armature for posing. However, I tried to use references of the performance puppet in an attempt to better capture his personality, as the actual Robin photo puppet looks pretty different than the hand one. I can finally post on this forum after having signed up a million years ago and not being able to post haha! I’ll share pics of my Kermit puppet build that I made last year, in a different thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m actually just finishing up Version 2 this weekend, as I had the itch to see if I could improve on it. It turned out almost the same, but with very subtle differences to his body and head shape; a bit more puffy looking. Below are few in progress pics, nearly done, but I still need to paint in the line on the tongue and a few other small finish touches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks great! I build puppets, but I'm nowhere near as good as you are! :excited:

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

WOW, these are amazing! If I didn't know any better, i'd say you got these straight from the Henson Workshop!

Froggy Fool likes this.
  4. Ecl

Ecl Member

Thanks I really appreciate that! He was kind of a hard one to research—Kermit was much easier to study from photos—as there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of good references of him. It’s always from an odd angle, or he’s wearing a bunch of clothing, etc. But I did the best I could to build an interpretation of him that I hoped would capture his character. I wanted him to look more like the show puppet than the actual photo puppet version of him—those look really puffy looking and different.

A few more photos of the second one I built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ryan19 and Froggy Fool like this.
  5. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Fantastic, my friend!!:):excited::fanatic: