Robin songs

scarecroe

Reaction score
I've started to become fascinated with Robin's songs on The Muppet Show.

Firstly, I'm mostly interested in more information on a song I heard on Muppet Central Radio. It was called "Leave Me Some Magic" and it's been so long since I've heard it that I can't recall anything else about it; not even lyrics or melody. I just remember that it was a solo song by Robin that I'd never heard before and I liked it. Where does it come from?

Other songs prominently featuring Robin - not all necessarily only from The Muppet Show - that I can think of are "Halfway Down the Stairs" (The Muppet Show Album, LP) "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (Alice Cooper episode), "I Can't Get Along Without You" with Kermit (Kermit Unpigged), "We Got Each Other" with Sweetums (John Cleese ep) and "Bless Us All" (The Muppet Chritsmas Carol).

I'm sure there must be some more. Especially from The Muppet Show since I've not seen every episode (I only have the Time-Life volumes). Anyone?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I was able to find that Robin sang "Leave Me Some Magic" in the Doug Henning episode.

I also learned that in the Hal Linden ep Robin and Hal sang "If We Ruled the World," and in the Christopher Langham ep he sings "Friendship" with Kermit.

Can someone tell me anything about these songs? Were they sweet songs? Upbeat songs?

Any other Robin songs?

Joggy

Reaction score
If I Ruled The World was a sweet song Robin sang with Hal Linden in the dressing room.

Friendship is upbeat. Robin sings it with Kermit while fishing in a boat, then they dive underwater to sing with two whales. At the end of the song, they rescue the whales from a group of whale hunting pigs. (nice piece of info: the concept for this sketch was used for an illustrated Muppet children's book as well).

Joggy

Reaction score
Other Robin songs:

- Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - Sweet song, UK spot Marisa Berenson ep of the Muppet Show. Robin sings on top of Rowlf's piano.

- Frog Kissing - UK spot Linda Lavin. Available on THe Muppet Show Music Album.

- When The River Meets The Sea - John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together album. Duet with John, one of my faves.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I heard another on Muppet Central Radio, but I don't know from where it originates:

• I Will Survive [4:30] - Robin and the Muppet Monsters

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
Frog Kissing - UK spot Linda Lavin. Available on THe Muppet Show Music Album.
Which album is this? I've never heard of it and I don't see it listed on Bill Sherman's list: Muppet Albums List

Iggy35

Reaction score
"I'm Five"
cant think of the episode tho!

IGGY35

Animal

Reaction score
Scott,

The Muppet Show Music Album was only released in the UK in 1979, with songs from The Muppet Show season 3 and 4!

Here´s the tracklist:

Side 1

- Muppet Show Theme
- Hawaiian War Chant
- The Rhyming Song
- Blue Skies
- Eight Little Notes
- DoWah Diddy Diddy
- Jamboree
- Henrietta's Wedding
- Sweet Tooth Jam
- Magic Garden

Side 2

- Macho Man
- Mad About The Frog
- Pennsylvannia 6-5000
- Coconut
- Frog Kissing
- Dog Walk
- While My Guitar Weeps
- Sixty Seconds Got Together
- It Was A Very Good Year
- The Muppet Show Closing Theme

I think the reason that it´s not listed on Bill Sherman´s list, is that it was not released in the US! I also think that this LP is a bit rare and hard to find for the US fans(and even for us European fans)! I did manage to find a nice copy of the LP a few years ago!!!

If you want a copy of that LP, I can make a CDR of it for you...

Hope this helps,

*Hans*

Animal

Reaction score
"I´m Five" is from the Bernadette Peters episode!

We also have to remember that Robin was also in songs other with Muppets, like "Sea Chantey" from the Petula Clark episode, "We Got Eachother" from the John Cleese episode and "Do-Re-Mi" from the Marisa Berenson episode!

*Hans*