Robot Kermit

behemoth

Reaction score
Does anyone remember an episode of the muppet show in which a robotic kermit expresses his feelings for miss piggy? He had a key in his back and i remember him saying something along the lines of "A frog and a pig, we could have bouncing baby figs"
Any help on what episode this was would be greatly appreciated. Also,was it the Peter Sellers episode where he gives Link a massage and then leaves him there all rolled up?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

If you can find a copy of "The Muppet Show Book," a lot of that episode is transcribed there.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Robot Kermit was in an early episode with Ruth Buzzi (Ruthie on SS).Yeah, it was Peter Sellers

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

About the Peter Sellers/Like episode I've kind of wondered what happens after the Muppets get rolled up or something like that. Do they have to be rebuilt or something. Also, on the same video when John Cleese stretches out Gonzo's arms and legs, how was that undone after the show was over? Did they have a way of doing that or did they have to make a new Gonzo? Chilly Down, I believe this question's for you. Lol.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Rats. Well, guys, Chilly doesn't have to answer. Anybody that knows, please help me with this.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
The Muppet Answer Man descends majestically upon the thread...

Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Anyway: multiple versions of each Muppet exist at any given time. That way, if (for instance) Fozzie gets a tear in his fabric and it'll show up on camera, a new Fozzie can be brought to the set while the other one is getting sewn up, so that valuable time and money isn't wasted on set with actors, directors, camera people, etc. just sitting around. These alternate Muppets can also be rigged up to have stretchy arms like Gonzo, to be rolled up like Link, to be "exploded" with burn marks on them, to eat other Muppets and have them fit inside (!), or, yes, even have a robot Kermit talking to Piggy while the real Kermit stands on the other side.

Hope that helped -- click -- helped -- click -- helped... (Chilly's windup mechanism in back winds down and he falls on the keyboooaorfognafdhdd

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. A little bit. Another thing I've been kind of curious about was that I've seen pictures of the pupateers with their hands up the back of a Muppet, other times the same characters are seen full figure when their dancing or something like that. So I guess they do the same thing their. Thanks for your help with that one.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yes, you're correct. There's a full-bodied Fozzie for shots that require it (such as the scene in Manhattan where Fozzie's "hibernating" in the cave) and a Fozzie for typical shots, which is only waist-up. Same for most of the others.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, I was just watching "The Muppet Takes Manhattan" on video today. And I was sort of trying to think where the pupateers could be during each scene.