Rock’n’Roll Pioneer Bo Diddley Died Monday

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_RocknRoll_Pioneer_Bo_Diddley_Died_Monday_18439.html

By Raoul Railey
22:06, June 2nd 2008

Bo Diddley, one of the creators of rock’n’roll and a highly influential artist, died Monday of a heart failure in his home in Archer, Florida, at the age of 79. The singer had also suffered a stroke while on tour last year in August, which resulted in him developing a speech impediment.

The late Bo Diddley, even not as well known like his rivals Chuck Berry or Muddy Watters, had influenced legions of musicians, who borrowed both something of his style and some of his tunes to become famous. Some of them, like the Rolling Stones, or the Birds, liked the rhythm of his guitar and used it as a starting point for their well known original styles. Others, like Hendrix, were more influenced by the effects Bo Diddley used on his electric guitar, and the tones the guitarist got from his instrument.

The musician grew up in Chicago when, after learning violin at a local Baptist Church, he took on the guitar to make some money at the corners of the city’s streets. It was with this occasion that he met Jerome Green, a maraca player, and Billy Boy Arnold, who played blues harmonica, and got a deal with Chess-Checkers records.

The artist’s most prolific period were the mid ‘50s to the mid ‘60s, when most of his hits, like ‘I’m a Man,u2019 ‘Mona,u2019 ‘You Don’t Love Me,u2019 or ‘You Can’t Judge a Book by Its Cover,u2019 were recorded.

The artist was never rich, partly because he never knew to negotiate deals, partly because when he became famous, musicians were paid a fixed sum for the recordings and nothing besides. Diddley had to tour the country until late in his 70s in order to make a living.
He will sadly be missed.

Skye

Reaction score
Aww! How sad.

About 5 years ago, I walked past an outdoor concert stage that he was playing on, and he was really something. He seemed like a very cool guy!

We'll miss ya, Bo.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aww! How sad.

About 5 years ago, I walked past an outdoor concertstage that he was playing on, and he was really something. He seemed like a very cool guy!

We'll miss ya, Bo.
Aw bay! That's so absolutely cool that you passed him and heard his music live!:smile:

Here is the famous commercial for the Nike Cross training shoe featuring famous pro athlete Bo Jackson! I remember these ad's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPxkpjCvWI

anytimepally

Reaction score
this is sad :frown: .. sure, all his Rock 'n' Roll songs sounded the same, but they were so darn cool :cool: and he also played blues