Rock of Broadway (An Electric Mayhem Story)

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm attempting my first fan fiction. I've been dying to do a fan fiction for a long time....so here I go.
But first........
Plot: Floyd buys the band tickets to see Rock of Ages on Broadway as a birthday present for Janice. Hoping it'll help him and Janice get closer, Floyd sees this as a perfect opportunity. But not everything turns out as exactly planned. Join The Electric Mayhem on a random, crazy, and maybe even romantic adventure on Broadway (again) as they conquer all that Times Square has to offer this time, such as gift shops, TICKETS booths, city pizza and Spider Man. There's definitely FloydxJanice in this. :sing::flirt:

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN ANYTHING! The Electric Mayhem belongs to Jim Henson and The Muppets Studio!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
And now......
Chapter 1: A Birthday Surprise
"Grrrrrrrrr" Animal growled at a passing fly nearby that he tried to catch. "Easy, Animal," Floyd said as he held back Animal by his chain. "Remember, play it cool." "Playing Cool," Animal said as he bowed his head in obedience to his master.

Floyd wanted this day, in particular, to be perfect. After all, it was his long time "main squeeze," Janice's, birthday. To surprise her, he bought him and her front row tickets to that evening's performance of "Rock of Ages," a show on Broadway that the two were dying to see.

He knocked on the door of the hotel room The Electric Mayhem were staying in for their "Tour de World." No response. Floyd thought in his head "If only Animal didn't eat my room key."

"Who is it?" a female voice inside asked. "It's me, babe. Floyd. I'm back from taking Animal on his daily walk" Floyd replied. The door quickly opened and look who stood in the doorway before him. Floyd's own love of his life, Janice.

"Hey babe!" Janice said, excitingly and hugging him. "Hey." Floyd replied, entering the hotel room with Animal. "Where'd Dr. T and Zoot go?" he asked. "Oh, they had to like practice something for our next gig. It's supposed to be like this piano/ saxophone duet thing," Janice replied. "But anyways, I like missed you fur sure." Animal grinned happily behind Floyd. "And you,too, Animal." she said as she petted Animal.

Floyd then led Janice over to the couch, while Animal went into the bathroom. "I bought something for you," Floyd said as he pulled out the tickets. Janice gasped in amazement. "Oh my gosh! Floyd! Rock of Ages? You shouldn't have!" "I only give the best to my babe," Floyd said as he kissed her on the cheek. "Happy birthday." "Awwww. I knew you'd remember. You never forget my birthday," Janice said. "How'd you get these?" she soon asked. Floyd laughed and told her "Long story short..........."

--------Flashback, 2 hours earlier---------------
Floyd and Animal were waiting in a long line of people at the TICKETS center in Times Square. "C'mon, what are you guys waiting for? A bus?" Floyd yelled in impatience. "IMPATIENCE MAKES ANIMAL BORED!! IMPATIENCE MAKES ANIMAL BORED!! AHHHHHHHHHH" Animal yelled and soon broke away from Floyd. "Animal!?!? What are you doing? Animal!" Floyd said, trying to get Animal back. Animal scared off the people waiting in line and attacked the TICKETS booth violently with his fists. After that moment of violence, tickets came out of the machine. Right into the hands of Floyd were front row tickets to "Rock of Ages."
"Well what do you know? Impatience sometimes has its rewards....and I guess they payed off," Floyd said in amazement. "You can stop attacking the contraption now, Animal! I got the tickets!" he commanded. Animal stopped attacking the machine and said "Machine Broken...."
-----------Flashback over------------------------

"..........and that's what happened," Floyd finished. "Like wow, Animal attacking a machine. The last time I saw that was when Dudley Moore brought that MAMMA thing onto the show. Boy did we like hate that thing," Janice said. Floyd laughed again "Yeah." Janice then noticed something. Behind the two tickets looked like three extra tickets. "Uhhh, Floyd?" "Yeah, baby?" Floyd asked. "You might want to like double check those tickets of yours," Janice said out of courteousy.

Floyd checked the tickets, but then realized something. He didn't get two tickets to Rock of Ages. He got five tickets! Floyd was in shock. "I thought I only had two tickets. I didn't expect to get five." "Wow! Like now the whole band can go see Rock of Ages!" Janice exclaimed. "Oh Floyd! You're the best!" Janice then kissed him on the cheek. "Yeah...." Floyd said, sarcastically. "I'm the best alright....."

Suddenly, the sound of the toilet was heard in the bathroom, and out came Animal, in a river of toilet water. He then fell to the floor. "TOILET BUSTED!" Animal yelled.
-------------End of Chapter 1--------------
How do you guys like it so far? Should I write more?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
And now......
Chapter 1: A Birthday Surprise
"Grrrrrrrrr" Animal growled at a passing fly nearby that he tried to catch. "Easy, Animal," Floyd said as he held back Animal by his chain. "Remember, play it cool." "Playing Cool," Animal said as he bowed his head in obedience to his master.

Floyd wanted this day, in particular, to be perfect. After all, it was his long time "main squeeze," Janice's, birthday. To surprise her, he bought him and her front row tickets to that evening's performance of "Rock of Ages," a show on Broadway that the two were dying to see.

He knocked on the door of the hotel room The Electric Mayhem were staying in for their "Tour de World." No response. Floyd thought in his head "If only Animal didn't eat my room key."

"Who is it?" a female voice inside asked. "It's me, babe. Floyd. I'm back from taking Animal on his daily walk" Floyd replied. The door quickly opened and look who stood in the doorway before him. Floyd's own love of his life, Janice.

"Hey babe!" Janice said, excitingly and hugging him. "Hey." Floyd replied, entering the hotel room with Animal. "Where'd Dr. T and Zoot go?" he asked. "Oh, they had to like practice something for our next gig. It's supposed to be like this piano/ saxophone duet thing," Janice replied. "But anyways, I like missed you fur sure." Animal grinned happily behind Floyd. "And you,too, Animal." she said as she petted Animal.

Floyd then led Janice over to the couch, while Animal went into the bathroom. "I bought something for you," Floyd said as he pulled out the tickets. Janice gasped in amazement. "Oh my gosh! Floyd! Rock of Ages? You shouldn't have!" "I only give the best to my babe," Floyd said as he kissed her on the cheek. "Happy birthday." "Awwww. I knew you'd remember. You never forget my birthday," Janice said. "How'd you get these?" she soon asked. Floyd laughed and told her "Long story short..........."

--------Flashback, 2 hours earlier---------------
Floyd and Animal were waiting in a long line of people at the TICKETS center in Times Square. "C'mon, what are you guys waiting for? A bus?" Floyd yelled in impatience. "IMPATIENCE MAKES ANIMAL BORED!! IMPATIENCE MAKES ANIMAL BORED!! AHHHHHHHHHH" Animal yelled and soon broke away from Floyd. "Animal!?!? What are you doing? Animal!" Floyd said, trying to get Animal back. Animal scared off the people waiting in line and attacked the TICKETS booth violently with his fists. After that moment of violence, tickets came out of the machine. Right into the hands of Floyd were front row tickets to "Rock of Ages."
"Well what do you know? Impatience sometimes has its rewards....and I guess they payed off," Floyd said in amazement. "You can stop attacking the contraption now, Animal! I got the tickets!" he commanded. Animal stopped attacking the machine and said "Machine Broken...."
-----------Flashback over------------------------

"..........and that's what happened," Floyd finished. "Like wow, Animal attacking a machine. The last time I saw that was when Dudley Moore brought that MAMMA thing onto the show. Boy did we like hate that thing," Janice said. Floyd laughed again "Yeah." Janice then noticed something. Behind the two tickets looked like three extra tickets. "Uhhh, Floyd?" "Yeah, baby?" Floyd asked. "You might want to like double check those tickets of yours," Janice said out of courteousy.

Floyd checked the tickets, but then realized something. He didn't get two tickets to Rock of Ages. He got five tickets! Floyd was in shock. "I thought I only had two tickets. I didn't expect to get five." "Wow! Like now the whole band can go see Rock of Ages!" Janice exclaimed. "Oh Floyd! You're the best!" Janice then kissed him on the cheek. "Yeah...." Floyd said, sarcastically. "I'm the best alright....."

Suddenly, the sound of the toilet was heard in the bathroom, and out came Animal, in a river of toilet water. He then fell to the floor. "TOILET BUSTED!" Animal yelled.
-------------End of Chapter 1--------------
How do you guys like it so far? Should I write more?
Wow! I love this story so much! Post more!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Thank you! :halo: I'll either post tonight or tomorrow. Depends on my mood.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Two chapters in one day! :excited: By the way, this chapter is PG for the alcohol reference.

Chapter 2: Don't Whine To Me, City Pizza
As soon as Dr. Teeth and Zoot finished practicing their song, the Electric Mayhem headed out for the bright lights and big city of New York. As they got into the elevator, Dr. Teeth asked Floyd "So I hear you got us five front row seat tickets to Rock of Ages?" "Yeah. I did. Just this morning," Floyd replied. "How did you manage to get those?" Dr. Teeth wondered. Floyd simply told Dr. Teeth "Long story short.........."
------Transition to Flashback------
------Transition to Flashback Failed------
"Okay, author! We are not doing that flashback again" Floyd said to the author. "Uhhhh...Sorry, Floyd," said the author, in disgust "Now can you please behave yourself so we can continue the story?" "Fine..." Floyd said, not wanting to listen to the author.
--------Back to the Story--------
By the time Floyd was about to tell Dr. Teeth, the elevator reached the floor of the band's destination. Unfortunately, it wasn't really the right floor. It was the floor to the theater in the hotel, where another Broadway show was playing. "This doesn't look like Rock of Ages," Zoot said. "Yeah, it looks too......classy and upper-crust for a rock 'n' roll musical like Rock of Ages," Dr. Teeth said in agreement.

Floyd went up to one of the ushers and asked "Is this the theater for Rock of Ages?" "No. We play "Evita" starring Ricky Martin here," the usher replied. "Ricky Martin?" Janice questioned, but soon realized "Hey! Ricky Martin! That's like.....Pepe's idol! Floyd you should get tickets for Pepe to see this!" "I think the best time for me to get tickets to this for Pepe is when Ricky's not in the show anymore," Floyd jokingly said and laughed. "I can help you guys, though," the usher told the band. "The theater you guys are looking for for Rock of Ages is on 44th Street." "Sounds good. Thanks, man," Dr. Teeth thankingly said. After that the band was on their way. "Those guys are weird," the usher said after they left.

After finally reaching the outside of the hotel, the Electric Mayhem marveled at the bright lights of the city. True, they were in Manhattan before with the other Muppets, but they never really embraced the true marvels and sights of it while they were there the first time. The second time they were there....well.....let's not talk about it. But the third time, now, almost was better than the first.

"Okay we have to think of a game plan here," Dr. Teeth said. "The show doesn't start till....when Floyd?" "8:00. But we should get to the theater by 7:30 so we can get in," Floyd replied. "And what time is it now?" Dr. Teeth asked. Zoot checked his watch and said "6:01." "Perfect! This should give us plenty of time for us to grab a delicious bite to eat so we don't indulge ourselves in candy and drinks at the show," Dr. Teeth explained. "We're still gonna get drinks at the show right?" Zoot asked. "Uhhh.....YEAH!" All five members of Electric Mayhem exclaimed at once and laughed. "So....where are we like going to eat for dinner?" Janice asked. "PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!" Animal excitedly exclaimed while jumping up and down. "That's a fantastic idea, Animal!" Dr. Teeth said. "I always wanted to have city pizza."

So the gang tried to look for the nearest pizza place, and found one a few minutes later. While Dr. Teeth was ordering the band's favorite, Pepperoni with Red Peppers and Spicy Sauce, Floyd finally felt he had the opportunity to talk to Janice alone. "So babe..." Floyd started. "You excited?" "Fer sure!" Janice said. "This is going to be like the best birthday ever. Well.....right up there with my Sweet 16." "Oh yeah, I remember that," Floyd said. "That was when........that was when you and I....you and I...." "Had our first kiss." Janice finished. Floyd blushed and said "Uhhh....yeah...Hehe...I still remember...." Janice and Floyd leaned in to kiss but......................

"PIZZA TIME!" Dr. Teeth exclaimed happily and put the fresh pizza down on the table. "Oh! Already! Wow these guys are like...quick," Janice said, whom sounded a little disappointed she and Floyd didn't get to kiss. She then looked into Floyd's eyes and said quietly "Sorry." "It's alright, babe," Floyd said, forgiving. The band soon took slices of the Pepperoni with Red Peppers and Spicy Sauce. Unfortunately Animal ate the rest of the remaining pizza. "Pizza good!" Animal said, with flames coming out of his mouth (It's to show how spicy the pizza is). As soon as the band cleaned up and finished their sodas, they were on their way.
--------------End of Chapter 2---------------
I really wanted to add in the part with Ricky Martin and Evita. Don't feel offended if you're a fan of him or Evita. By the way, the theaters I was talking about were The Marquis (Evita) (The Marquis Theater is a part of the Marriot Marquis, which is the hotel The Electric Mayhem is staying at) and the Helen Hayes (Rock of Ages).

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! This is unexpected, but I appreciate what you're writing. You're very talented. More please!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
And now here's the next chapter!
Chapter 3:The Reunion With Lips
It was now around 6:30 or 6:45, about an hour before it was time to line up at the theater. The band felt refreshed from the pizza they had earlier....even though Animal ate the rest of it. This now seemed like the perfect opportunity to explore more of Times Square.

Zoot then noticed someone from the distance. A guy with shaggy blonde hair (almost afro like), around Zoot's height, and carrying what looked like a trumpet case. "Hey! Lips!" Zoot called. The guy turned around. "Zoot? Floyd? Janice? Dr. T? Animal?" he said, in rememberance. "Guys! Wow, it's been like....forever since I've seen you guys." "Hey, Lips. Nice seeing your presence again," Dr. Teeth said. "How have you been?" "Fine. Me and Delores are going strong. I got a gig playing in the band down at Jersey Boys," Lips said. "Jersey Boys?" Floyd asked. "You mean the one about The Four Seasons?"

----------------Flashback, Last Week-----------------------
Floyd, Zoot and Animal are sitting in a theater, where Jersey Boys is playing. Cups of beer have been thrown all over the area where the three were sitting. It is now somewhere into Act 2. Floyd and Zoot have fallen asleep. Animal is sitting there, looking bored out of his mind. At what seemed to be a dramatic moment in the show that left the audience in silence, Animal yelled out, "THIS SHOW IS BORING!"
--------------------Flashback Over------------------------------

"Yeah. That's the one," Lips replied. "Never saw it," Floyd said. "Oh you should see it. I have an amazing trumpet solo during "Can't Take My Eyes Off You." But I'm going to be leaving the show soon," Lips said. "Why leave a show when you have, like, an amazing trumpet solo?" Janice asked. "They want me to play in Wicked," Lips replied. "WICKED!?!?!?!?!" all five of the current Electric Mayhem members said in shock.

------------------Flashback, Two Days Ago--------------
All five members of Electric Mayhem are in the theater seeing Wicked. Beer cups have been thrown everywhere around their area. Everyone except Animal has fallen asleep, even Janice who was excited at first to see the show. At a dramatic moment in the show, Animal yelled out "THIS SHOW IS EVEN BORINGER!"
--------------------Flashback Over-----------------------------------------

"When are you leaving Jersey Boys?" Dr. Teeth asked. "Sunday. I go to Wicked Tuesday," Lips said. "But I don't want to go to Wicked. It's boring. And overrated. And.....and........" "Stupid?" Animal asked. "Yeah. You got it, Animal," Lips said. "So what are you guys up to?" "Floyd here got us front row tickets to Rock of Ages," Zoot said, happily. "No kidding, Floyd? I would love to see that show!" Lips said, in excitement. "Yeah well...I figured...we've been dying to see this show for a long time and well....I got the tickets," Floyd said in embarrassment. "Wasn't easy though."

Then suddenly, the alarm on Lips's watch went off. "Uh oh. It's almost 7. Gotta be there an hour early before show time. It was awesome seeing you guys again. Tell me all about Rock of Ages after you see it," Lips said. "Gotta go. See you guys." Lips picked up his trumpet case and left the band. "Bye, Lips. We'll keep in contact, " Zoot said as he waved to Lips.

"What a reunion. Seeing Lips again for the first time since the 80's....or something like that. It was such an honor having him in the band," Dr. Teeth said proudly. "I miss that guy. How do you and him keep in contact, Zoot?" "Bandbook," Zoot replied. "You should try it, Dr. T. It's like....Facebook for bands like ours." "Really?" Dr. Teeth said in amazement. "I think I know what I'm doing when we get back to the room. Scouting out my high school band buddies on Bandbook." "But, Dr. T, we like ARE your band buddies from high school," Janice said. "Oh....you're right, Janice, " Dr. Teeth realized. "C'mon guys. Let's go! We don't have a lot of time to kill so let's kill it now."
-----------------------------End of Chapter 3--------------------------------
Sorry for the boring and short chapter. I wanted to add Lips in somehow. Oh and the Delores Lips was talking about, it's Trumpet Girl's real name. I think Trumpet Girl and Lips would make a cute couple. And by the way, I love Jersey Boys and Wicked so don't feel offended in this chapter for those of you fans of them.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I felt like doing another chapter........
Chapter 4: Spider Animal
It was now 7:00. Animal was growing bored from walking around the Time Square, and there were no cute women in sight. Well,except for the ones coming out of the Aeropostle store. "When we get to Rock of Ages?" Animal asked. "Just hold on another half hour, Animal, and we'll be there," Floyd said. He didn't really put too much thought into that comment, though, as he was only thinking about when his next opportunity to be alone with Janice would be. It was so in his head that not only was he walking Animal, but also holding hands with Janice.

"You know what's like really funny, Floyd?" Janice said, leaning her head on Floyd's shoulder. "What's that, babe?" Floyd asked, hoping it's a romantic compliment from her. "The theater gods have like.....gave birth to a Spider Man musical," she said. Floyd was confused and a bit disappointed the comment wasn't romantic. "Spider Man, the musical? How so?" he asked. "Just look up there," Janice said, pointing to the sign on the theater playing "Spider Man: Turn Off The Dark." The band stared, confusingly at the sign for a moment. In all of their heads, except Animal's, they were thinking "Why? Why would the theater gods give birth to a Spider Man musical?

"SPIDER MAN! SPIDER MAN! SPIDER MAN!" Animal yelled in excitement. He then broke free from Floyd and started to the climb the wall of the theater. "Hey Animal! What are you doing, exactly?" Dr. Teeth asked. "ME WANT TO BE LIKE SPIDER MAN!" Animal cried out while still climbing the wall. He then reached the top without any issue. "Animal! Come down from there!" Floyd yelled. Animal gave him a razzberry. "Okay, Animal! If you can't come down, we're gonna come up!" Floyd yelled out.

"Floyd are you, like, crazy? We can't climb all the way up there like Animal," Janice said in concern. "Don't fret, babe," Floyd said. "We got this. You guys ready?" "Anytime when you are, Floyd," Dr. Teeth said. "Yup," Zoot said. Janice didn't answer right away because of her concern, but then replied with "Fur sure, I guess." "Awesome! Let's start climbing!" Floyd said.

It took a while for the band to climb the theater walls up to where Animal was on top. Some of them slipped a few times, but caught themselves and kept going. "C'mon Animal," Floyd said, strictly. "Quit your Super Animal routine and let's get movin." "NO!" Animal cried out. Zoot quickly got an idea. "Oh look, Animal. Is that a hot woman?" Zoot said. "WOMAN! WOMAN! WOMAN! WOMAN!" Animal said happily. He then ran from the other side of the roof, when Floyd and the rest of the band held on to Animal's chain. But soon, the band fell off the roof!

They fell quickly to the sidewalk, starting with Animal, Floyd, Zoot, Dr. Teeth and finally Janice. Luckily, at the spur of the moment after Floyd landed, Floyd caught Janice in his arms before any harm from the sidewalk was done to her. Janice shuddered a bit, still frightened from the fall, but was happy that Floyd saved her. "Floyd....you like....saved me," Janice said in relief. "You're my hero, fur sure." She then proceeded to kiss Floyd on the lips. Floyd blushed from the kiss she gave, but was happy he got his long deserved kiss for the evening. "Awww, babe. It was nothing much," Floyd said. "I'm just glad your alright."

Floyd then put Janice down and asked "Hey, Zoot. What time is it?" Zoot checked his watch. "7:45," Zoot said. "Ohhhh," Floyd said, but soon realized something. "7:45?!?!?!?!"
----------------------------End of Chapter 4-------------------------
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN! Had to leave you guys hanging on that. How are you guys liking it so far?