Roger Miller TMS

dbarrie

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the TMS ep. w/ Roger Miller? I probably saw it years ago but remember very little about it. It is one of the few eps. that hasn't yet aired on the CTS channel. Presumably this is because the network received a bad tape and wasn't able to get a better copy suitable for broadcast.

OI MuppetFan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Roger Miller(episode of TMS)(found this only a MS site):
Song: "Alabama Bound" - penguins & Mayflower
cluckitis
Roger sings with some watermelons
Bear on Patrol - assaulting an officer
Song: Roger: "A Hat Like That"
Vet's Hospital
Song: Roger: "Whack-A-Doo"
Song: "Dang Me".

Haven't seen this in soooooo long,good episode though.Was wondering if anyone else remembered it.Thanks for the thread.

Joggy

Reaction score
It's the episode where an outbreak of "Cluckitis" goes around the Muppet Theatre - which causes various Muppets to sneeze and turn into a chicken. Kermit desperately tries to keep it a secret for Roger, but it gets harder and harder as everyone turns into chickens - even Kermit.

Various parts of this show can be seen in the Playhouse video "Country Music With The Muppets" from the 80s.

dbarrie

Reaction score
My letter to CTS re. Roger Miller TMS

Last month I decided to send another letter to CTS. This time I wanted to know the status of the Roger Miller TMS, and whether or not they're planning to show it in the near future.

This is what I wrote:

May 22, 2004

Rob Sheppard, Program Manager
CTS
1295 North Service Road
Burlington, ON L7R 4X5

Dear Mr. Sheppard,

I am the viewer who phoned you in April regarding the absence of the Cleo Laine episode of The Muppet Show. I’m writing to you again to express disappointment at not seeing the Roger Miller episode, which presumably would’ve aired on Thursday (May 20). I’m guessing the reason why it didn’t air is because you received another spoiled tape.

Is there is a possibility of contacting whoever sent you those tapes about getting replacements, so they can air when TMS goes into its third run? I know there are many Muppet fans like myself who want to see all 120 episodes of TMS.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. I will continue to watch and support TMS and CTS.

Sincerely,

Don Barrie