ROLE PLAY GAME Rules and Q&A

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, gang. The current RPG is kind of lost. It's going everywhere in the world and doesn't seem to be plot driven, which is important to have in an RPG. So far, we've managed to go from being frightened by a giant something in the woods to taking a nap. If there is someone who wishes to create a plot to drive the game through a story, please feel free to do so--but, you'll need to make sure your plot is well thought out and that you can stick with the game throughout it's entirety.

We can only have one Game Host in this case, and if no responses are given then I'll jump in.

I'd prefer someone who has played in these games for a long time to do the Game Host role, and keep in mind that you then become a very VERY secondary character, and you can't play the game as anything other than a secondary performer--in other words, you do not get to give away the plot, but everyone has to figure it out.

Beth C

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hi, gang. The current RPG is kind of lost. It's going everywhere in the world and doesn't seem to be plot driven, which is important to have in an RPG. So far, we've managed to go from being frightened by a giant something in the woods to taking a nap. If there is someone who wishes to create a plot to drive the game through a story, please feel free to do so--but, you'll need to make sure your plot is well thought out and that you can stick with the game throughout it's entirety.

We can only have one Game Host in this case, and if no responses are given then I'll jump in.

I'd prefer someone who has played in these games for a long time to do the Game Host role, and keep in mind that you then become a very VERY secondary character, and you can't play the game as anything other than a secondary performer--in other words, you do not get to give away the plot, but everyone has to figure it out.
I emailed you Fozzie about the situation! I hope you can understand, I'll try to get the RPG back on track!

~Beth C

Beth C

Reaction score
Due to circumstances beyond my control - I won't be in the game for a bit. It's very hard to get comptuer time at work ( I only get two 15 min breaks and one 30 min lunch ) and get a computer in the cafe.

Please continue the game as if I was still there. I'll try to be back ASAP as being without the net is driving me crazy!!!!!

~Beth C

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok I have a new Role Play Story. Does anyone want to hear about it?

Ok here I go.

The whole plot is going to be a Toy Story kind of story. Its about me moving from our old house. The whole plot is getting some characters toys or figures of all kinds range of Muppets, Disney and Comic stirps characters trying to get to the new house from getting left behind or not wanting to leave.

Fozzie could you look over this and let me know if I can be Game Master of some kind for this Role Play?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We need more plot in the story. Think it through deeper.

As a Game Host you'll have to know the story from beginning to end and must be able to apply story telling/narration every day for the duration of the game. You don't want to just start the story and not have a definite beginning, middle, and end; if it runs loose, then folks will get bored with it and it's not fun anymore. You'll also need to be able to leave open-ended posts so the next person will be able to act on the previous post.

Think it through a little more as if you are about to write a story and then let me know via PM when you're ready to try it out. It takes a lot of work and time to do a good role play, which is why I don't do them too often anymore, because time and responsibility.

christyb

Reaction score
I don't think Beth C has announced this yet...
There's a new role play going on now. It's the 2004 Muppet Holiday Party. W need more people to play along! so everyone come on by and pick a muppet and join on the fun!

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=17371

Oh yeah and when you join please don't post and then never come back. Stay in the game until its finished. Thanks!