Ron Mueck

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh Lord... this guy is awesome. O_O

I only became familiar with him a few weeks back, when I went to see an exhibition (meep- he's Australian! <3) showcasing his sculptures (they are freaking amazing... they're of humans, and they are 100% accurate, I swear. How he does it... I have no idea), and I thought, 'man, his guy should work at the [Jim Henson] Creature Shop...'. As I walked out, I read a brief bio of him on the wall: found out he worked on Labyrinth and Dreamchild and the like- performing (if I remember rightly..) and -of coarse- puppet making.

I'm pretty sure many of you are familiar with him, but I'd really like to know if anyone else admires the work of this guy as much as I do! :smile:

Jamie B

Reaction score
Oh Lord... this guy is awesome. O_O
I'm pretty sure many of you are familiar with him, but I'd really like to know if anyone else admires the work of this guy as much as I do! :smile:
He's fantastic! You might be interested to know that he designed and built (with a workshop team) all the characters for 'Gophers' a puppet/full-body costume UK series from 1990 aired on Channel 4. Here's the first part of episode 1, and the first 4 episodes are on youtube to enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdcMBtwalnw