Roscoe Orman is returning to sesame Street as Gordon!

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
Yes it's true. I saw the trailer for season 54 which debut on November 9th and I briefly saw him in a street scene and it was not a rerun episode I can promise you that. Check it out the trailer is on YouTube. I can't believe this and I gotta say im very very happy

CrashMon24

Reaction score
me to when I saw it I said oh my gawd it’s Roscoe aka Gordon I have never smiled so hard in my life

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
me to when I saw it I said oh my gawd it’s Roscoe aka Gordon I have never smiled so hard in my life
So he's going to be back regularly and not just for a reunion special like a few years back? I know this isn't an April Fool's joke because it's not April Fool's Day. It would be nice to see him around, especially considering he's Chris's uncle and Chris is still seen regularly. :smile: I'll have to check the trailer.

Last edited:

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
So he's going to be back regularly and not just for a reunion special like a few years back? I know this isn't an April Fool's joke because it's not April Fool's Day. It would be nice to see him around, especially considering he's Chris's uncle and Chris is still seen regularly. :smile: I'll have to check the trailer.
If you ask me it's the smartest decision the workshop has made in years. We lost Emilio and Bob pretty close together and I can't help but wonder if that brought feelings of guilt to the workshop for letting them go back in 2016, which is why they allowed Roscoe to return. Not sure if we'll see Loretta too but even if not this was a very good decision to let Roscoe come back. Life's too short why make it shorter by acting like long term cast members don't exist?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If you ask me it's the smartest decision the workshop has made in years. We lost Emilio and Bob pretty close together and I can't help but wonder if that brought feelings of guilt to the workshop for letting them go back in 2016, which is why they allowed Roscoe to return. Not sure if we'll see Loretta too but even if not this was a very good decision to let Roscoe come back. Life's too short why make it shorter by acting like long term cast members don't exist?
I think it's because deep down they know the long-time cast members aren't going to be around forever and if someone passes or leaves the show, they know they can't keep using the same storyline they used with Mr. Hooper over and over again. I guess they just figure not having them around except in repeat episodes that are used as tribute episodes is the way to go.

But I see you're line of thinking too. Sometimes I feel like the show has been gone downhill lately, so it would be nice to see some of the cast members we've grown up with stick around other than having Alan and Chris as the only adults from the pre-HBO era still on the show. Then if anything happens to any of them, I guess that would be a bridge they'd cross when they come to it.

Maybe Roscoe's return is a sign we'll see other cast members return, maybe not Sonia/Maria since she's retired as is Ruth Buzzi, but maybe Susan, Gina, Linda, Buffy. But I don't know. Maybe I'm going too far back in time.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am glad to see Gordon return, especially as the other cast members sadly pass away. Would be cool to see Maria as well.
I'm just grateful that they've brought back Gordon. I don't think Susan is coming back too but you never know. Regardless I wonder if he'll at least mention Susan. Its kinda ironic that he's returning because he's the one older cast member who stuck around one season longer than all the rest. Even if it was a brief cameo in one episode in season 46.

eurbane

Reaction score
If Gordon's coming back, who else would? Susan, Miles, Gabi, Maria, Linda, Gina, Mando, Leela, Ruthie Buzzi, Celina, Lexxine, Tara or Carlo. And another thing is Olivia, Chris' mom?

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
If Gordon's coming back, who else would? Susan, Miles, Gabi, Maria, Linda, Gina, Mando, Leela, Ruthie Buzzi, Celina, Lexxine, Tara or Carlo. And another thing is Olivia, Chris' mom?
Chris's last name is Robinson so I think he's Gordon's brother Aaron's son.