Roscoe Orman on "Law & Order: SVU"

peyjenk

Reaction score
I know it's a little late, but Roscoe Orman was on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit last night. He was only in it for about two minutes at the very beginning, but I was like, "Hey, it's Gordon!" the second he appeared. :smile:

For those of you who don't know, Law & Order: SVU always opens with an average person going about their business and finding a crime scene. The episode then follows the murder investigation and sometimes the trial of said crime. In this episode, Orman was a parks and rec officer who was answering a notification about a dead dog in Central Park. When he went to clean it up, he found instead two dead bodies.

I haven't checked, but if anyone is interested, there is a good possibility that the episode is available on nbc.com.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. He has been on a lot of adult shows. I guess people that don't know him wouldn't believe he's the same guy that's on "Sesame Street." But I'll check out nbc.com and see if I can find it. Thanks for that info.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe he's been on that show before, hasn't he? I only watch SVU occasionally; I usually just watch the original, (which is similar), on TNT.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
You'll see a lot of Sesame Street actors on the various Law & Order incarnations, b/c the shows tape in New York and it's a good way to pick up an acting gig there.

Besides Roscoe Orman, we've seen on L & O:

Fran Brill
Allison Bartlett O'Reilly

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
What was the name of the certain episode that Roscoe (as well as Fran Brill and Allison Bartlett O'Reilly) were on? I can search for the episodes by title with my in-tv guide...

jisforjump

Reaction score
Gordon also played a cop in the movie "FX". I do belive he was Brian Denehhey's boss.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Roscoe played the lead in Willie Dynamite, a 1974 cult classic in which he portrays a pimp, wears a purple, fur-trimmed hat, and tools around in a purple tricked-out El Dorado.

"Ain't no one crosses Willie D!"

anytimepally

Reaction score
Roscoe also tried to rob a bank on Sanford & Son, on which Matt Robinson was a writer

peyjenk

Reaction score
And Emilio Delgado was on L&O: Criminal Intent on Saturday!

I'm excited now... I had forgotten about all the SS/L&O links. Now I'm gonna be lookin' for 'em whenever I watch it. :smile: