Roscoe Orman outside of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Twice in one week, I saw Roscoe Orman outside of Sesame Street and PRE-Sesame at that, and BOY oh boy was I surprised at what I saw...

1. He was a pimp! "Gordon" was a pimp! It was outrageous! He was the title character in the old retro movie Willie Dynamite.
2. He was a bank-robber! "Gordon" and his partner were holding up a bank right at the same time Fred and Lamont tried to get a loan on an episode of Sanford and Son.

If Roscoe could do all that, imagine what a stretch it might have been for him to sudden play a good guy on a kiddie-show, and for over 30 years now too!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Twice in one week, I saw Roscoe Orman outside of Sesame Street and PRE-Sesame at that, and BOY oh boy was I surprised at what I saw...

1. He was a pimp! "Gordon" was a pimp! It was outrageous! He was the title character in the old retro movie Willie Dynamite.
2. He was a bank-robber! "Gordon" and his partner were holding up a bank right at the same time Fred and Lamont tried to get a loan on an episode of Sanford and Son.

If Roscoe could do all that, imagine what a stretch it might have been for him to sudden play a good guy on a kiddie-show, and for over 30 years now too!
Willie Dynamite is a classic! When I first saw it, I was like, "wow, Willie looks familiar...OMG! That's Gordon from Sesame Street!" It's a good little flick.

Did you know Maria was in the original cast of Godspell? She can be heard on the original cast recording, singing "Turn Back, O Man."

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

I know! What a range he has in roles, huh?