1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Rose Float: Sesame

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by somethingofafan, Dec 31, 2004.

1. I was watching the news, and something came on about the Tournament of Roses parade (I think that's the right one). It briefly showed some of the floats, and one was a Sesame Street-themed float, with floral statues of Elmo, Big Bird, and Oscar.
  2. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

I didn't watch the parade, but my wife did. She called me when the SS float came on. It was really cool. A huge floral likeness of Big Bird was sitting at a piano and sticking out of the other side of the piano was Oscar the Grouch. Elmo was at the front of the float. The coolest part was that SS Live versions of Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, a purple Honker and Zoe were there dancing around. It sounded like the band at the back of the float was playing "Put Down the Ducky".
  3. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I did.
  4. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I watched it, and what's even cooler (in my opinion) is that the Sesame Street float recieved the Bob Hope award!
  5. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I watched most of it.Oscar had a maraca in his hand.Overall,it was a job well done.
  6. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Was I right about "Put down the ducky"? It may have been my bad ear messing with me.
  7. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I had the sound down,don't know,sorry.:smirk:
  8. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I just saw it a few minutes ago. :)
  9. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Oh rats... I missed it. I always like the Tournament of Roses parade, too, but I spaced on it this year. Oh well, at least I have the Disney Christmas parade on my Tivo to look forward to.

:)
  10. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

You might want to fast forward to the Muppet parts, I got tired of listening to all the corny chitchat and music. Anyone have a picture of the SS float?
  11. Aiya

Aiya New Member

The float was indeed amazing, especially considering that it had to bemade from all natural materials! Way to go Sesame!!!