Rose Float: Sesame

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I was watching the news, and something came on about the Tournament of Roses parade (I think that's the right one). It briefly showed some of the floats, and one was a Sesame Street-themed float, with floral statues of Elmo, Big Bird, and Oscar.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I didn't watch the parade, but my wife did. She called me when the SS float came on. It was really cool. A huge floral likeness of Big Bird was sitting at a piano and sticking out of the other side of the piano was Oscar the Grouch. Elmo was at the front of the float. The coolest part was that SS Live versions of Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, a purple Honker and Zoe were there dancing around. It sounded like the band at the back of the float was playing "Put Down the Ducky".

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I watched it, and what's even cooler (in my opinion) is that the Sesame Street float recieved the Bob Hope award!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watched most of it.Oscar had a maraca in his hand.Overall,it was a job well done.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Was I right about "Put down the ducky"? It may have been my bad ear messing with me.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oh rats... I missed it. I always like the Tournament of Roses parade, too, but I spaced on it this year. Oh well, at least I have the Disney Christmas parade on my Tivo to look forward to.

:smile:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Oh rats... I missed it. I always like the Tournament of Roses parade, too, but I spaced on it this year. Oh well, at least I have the Disney Christmas parade on my Tivo to look forward to.

:smile:
You might want to fast forward to the Muppet parts, I got tired of listening to all the corny chitchat and music. Anyone have a picture of the SS float?