Rowlf in IaVMMCM

golden teeth

Reaction score
Well, I recently bought this film, and people had said all that Rowlf says in the film is, "Hey Kermit." I'm just pointing out that about halfway through the movie, he starts hum/singing jingle bells for a while. Piggy also says, "He kissed me." to Rowlf and Rowlf says, "Yeah.hahaha." And he also can be heard shrieking when Kermit says they won't get paid.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea I remember that. I was watching it this week. Just something to watch I guess and was catching myself watching Rowlf all the times he says or hum stuff. It was cool to hear something coming from Rowlf's mouth other then nothing. So I can see Rowlf coming back soon with a voice. :sympathy:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
love it it won;t come out till after thankgivong ( stored with christmas stuff

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
To bad Rowlf can't have more to do in movies now a days...

He's now reduced to a bit player.

ryan

BEAR

Reaction score
I always loved Rowlf. He is such a special character that is so different from all the others. He is silly, but in a more intellectual way as opposed to the slapstick zaniness of everyone else. He is sort of the middleman between Kermit's straight man, mellow persona and the wacky nonesense, offbeat humor of all the other Muppet characters. He is philosophical and has a smart dry wit. He is an observer and a commentator. I always felt like he was the one that was with us as an audience and that he would make the same insights we would about everything that was going on in a very laidback and cool sort of way. Sometimes he would throw something in there and it takes us a couple seconds to finally get it but we are always with him. I think that next to Kermit, Rowlf is the most human of the gang. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if they used Rowlf for audio commentary on the DVD features.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
it seems like ever since Bill Barretta first performed Rowlfs voice in an episode of Muppets Tonight!, Rowlf has had major speaking parts in almost everything he appeared in except for the movies. He had a lot of lines at Muppetfest and in the video games Muppet raemania and Muppet Party cruise, he had a big scene in the behind the scenes special for the Go Fishing music video, and he had a scene in at least one of the Statler and waldorf: From The balcony episodes, but in movies he either has a really small amount of dialogue (saying "ugh" in MFS, having the few lines mentioend in IAVMCM) or doesn't speak at all (MWoO).

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
it seems like ever since Bill Barretta first performed Rowlfs voice in an episode of Muppets Tonight!, Rowlf has had major speaking parts in almost everything he appeared in except for the movies. He had a lot of lines at Muppetfest and in the video games Muppet raemania and Muppet Party cruise, he had a big scene in the behind the scenes special for the Go Fishing music video, and he had a scene in at least one of the Statler and waldorf: From The balcony episodes, but in movies he either has a really small amount of dialogue (saying "ugh" in MFS, having the few lines mentioend in IAVMCM) or doesn't speak at all (MWoO).

He had walk ons in Christmas Carol and Treasure Island too.:sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
He was in the last group shot in MWoO as well... :wink:

But I love Rowlf, I would be ecstatic to see him more than I do right now!