Rowlf on the Best of Jimmy Dean Volume 1

minor muppetz

Reaction score
An article about a Henson rarities screening mentioned that The Jim Henson Company purchased the Rowlf footage, and I wondered if Henson actually bought the distribution rights or just copies of the Rowlf sketches. Does the DVD contain any copyright notes about whetehr the Rowlf segments were owned by Henson, The Muppet Studios, or any other company? I guess it's great that Disney allowed for some of Rowlf's appearances to be released (assuming that Time-Life didn't just release them without Disney's permission, and assuming that Time-Life needed permission). I hope that Disney allows other Muppet appearances (featuring Mupet characters that Disney owns) to be released on DVD someday, if the time comes. Hopefully if the sixth season of The Cosby Show gets released on DVD the Muppet scenes won't have to be edited.

It is a shame that this is (or just appears to be) just a compilation as opposed to a full episode. I guess it's possible that it's a compilation in case Time-Life couldn't get all song rights and wouldn't have to make any edits (as segments and songs could be chosen if it's just a compilation). And considering that this is a compilation, it's too bad that more Rowlf sketches couldn't be included, but at least two segments are on there, as opposed to only one or even zero.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That would be great if Time-Life could compile a compilation of just Rowlf the Dog moments. [hint][hint] :sympathy:

superboober

Reaction score
I guess this means we'll have less to worry about with other Rowlf footage from the day that may come to market. :sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
That would be great if Time-Life could compile a compilation of just Rowlf the Dog moments. [hint][hint] :sympathy:
I would love to see an ALL Rowlf DVD! They can call it "The Best Of Rowlf on The Jimmy Dean Show"! :sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
I have my copy of "The Best Of The Jimmy Dean Show"! I ordered it from Best Buy a few weeks ago.

"BUY IT!"

It's worth the money! It may only have two Rowlf skits but it's worth it! The Rowlf sketches are hilarious! Rowlf is the king of puns! I hope there will be more Jimmy Dean DVDs like this in the future!

:sympathy: :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how many episodes of The Jimmy Dean Show were produced. It was on for three seasons, I wonder if there were enough episodes for it to qualify for syndication. Of course, shows with only one or two seasons have been shown in syndication. It would be great if Jimmy Dean and Rowlf would host an anniversary special for the series.

Was Rowlf pictured on the back cover? Was he even mentioend in the text? I noticed that he wasn't on the front cover (don't know whether Disney would allow, or have to allow, for the Muppets to appear on covers for DVD releases from other companies), and the cover had a listing of stars who appeared in the DVD, but Rowlf wasn't mentioend.

ploobis

Reaction score
I wonder how many episodes of The Jimmy Dean Show were produced. It was on for three seasons, I wonder if there were enough episodes for it to qualify for syndication. Of course, shows with only one or two seasons have been shown in syndication. It would be great if Jimmy Dean and Rowlf would host an anniversary special for the series.

Was Rowlf pictured on the back cover? Was he even mentioend in the text? I noticed that he wasn't on the front cover (don't know whether Disney would allow, or have to allow, for the Muppets to appear on covers for DVD releases from other companies), and the cover had a listing of stars who appeared in the DVD, but Rowlf wasn't mentioend.
Yes Rowlf was mentioned and pictured on the back cover of The Jimmy Dean DVD.

:sympathy:

BEAR

Reaction score
Actually, that sparks another idea. You know how Saturday Night Live has released "Best of" DVDs tributing their cast members? That would be great if we could get that for Muppet Show characters. There could be "Best Of" sets for Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Kermit, Bunsen and Beaker, Sam Eagle, The Electric Mayhem. DVDs featuring their greatest moments.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, that sparks another idea. You know how Saturday Night Live has released "Best of" DVDs tributing their cast members? That would be great if we could get that for Muppet Show characters. There could be "Best Of" sets for Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Kermit, Bunsen and Beaker, Sam Eagle, The Electric Mayhem. DVDs featuring their greatest moments.
That would be great. Maybe one of us should start a seperate thread for it. Do you have in mind only including Muppet Show moments, or also movie, special, JHH and MT moments?