Rowlf the Dog Sighting

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hey guys dont know if this goes here in this section but it can be moved if not.

My wife and I went into to San Antonio today to take kids to doctor and shopping ect. I took along My Rowlf Puppet and had him hanging out the window as we drove around. He waved at people and sure did get the second look and a ton of smiles.

So many people were saying HI ROWLF!

It was so fun making people smile in a hectic time like the holidays and even better feeling to see that they know who rowlf is.

I will have to video tape this one day for youtube.

Thanks
Randy

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, that is so cool! I would've rushed up to your window for an autograph.

A loooooooooong time ago when I was still in High School, I went with my Dad and brothers down to San Diego to see my big brother graduate from Marines Boot Camp. Anyway, took along my Kermit puppet and did the same thing. Was fun with the kids looking and shouting on the freeway.

Everyone loves The Muppets! :smile::sympathy::big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh wow, those are two really awesome stories! Really inspirational that, even though Rowlf hasn't been seen much lately, he is still remembered so warmly!
:smile:
:sympathy:
Keep on livin' the dream, fellas!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Last night on PBS, there was a documentary/greatest-moments special on Victor Borge, since he would have turned 100 next year. It featured clips from his live performances and guest appearances, including TMS. They showed his piano duet with Rowlf - and Rowlf and Borge broke out all the groan-worthy Bach jokes. "My Bach is worse than my bite!"

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I used to love crouching down in the car with a puppet while someone drove and I'd make the puppet look like it was a passenger. Of course I couldn't see the reactions, but my friends and family would tell me how funny it was to see everyone do a double take.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I am using him saturday night at the annual christmas village to entertain those waiting for the tour. It wont be much just rowlf playing piano and singing but I hope myfriends bring their camera.