RTL volume 3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*happy fangirl sigh*

I am ELATED!

However, volume 3 REALLY makes my fanfic hard to justify in some spots. However, there are enough details in my fic that I can weasel out of what is now official regarding some things, so, that's a relief.

If one didn't like the art or the plot ... volume 3, IMHO, more than makes up for it. It's bound to leave one's jaw on the floor.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*D Heh, fangirl squeal = happy Kelly. Post when you can. :flirt:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Is volume 3 the last one.... I have thought that this series got progressively better but I am tired of waiting years between volumes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it's meant to be a four volume series. So there should be one last issue left. Hope this answered your question. Just hope you can stomach an equally long wait for TMS Season 4.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well I picked up volume 3. Pretty good but as was stated it is four volumes ( I was kind of hoping that they put the last two together, Oh well). SO lets hope they have their ducks in a row so the next volume comes a little quicker. By the way I was impressed by some references to Froud's goblin books. I really think they are trying to tell a new story and please the fans as well. is it perfect...no...but I'm glad they did it.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, some of the delay was TokyoPop's doing. You know, the economy and stuff. I haven't read Froud's goblin books, so I don't know about the references from those. Did see a nice Storyteller homage.

The thing about it being "perfect" is ... to be honest ... you'd need at least an anime to really make it work better. Static pictures can only do so much. I mean, there's a "music number" in there ... but I HATE those because, even though it flows well and the art matches well with what's being "sung" ... it's not singing. It's not musical in the least. That's why, if I have lots of songs in my fanfics (here on MC, anyway), I try to provide a link to a youtube of the song or something, because I'm not familiar with lots of songs and I don't assume others will know the song either. Also, I'm not good at imagining melodies unless I know it already.

I basically feel that a lot of the "imperfections" are actually limitations of the medium chosen.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I keep forgetting this came out. Must try to read a copy soon!

Reaction score
Volume 3 is out? oh goody goody! i have been waiting with anticipation for it to be released :big_grin: