Ruefully yours

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi guys--I've been debating this for a while but I've decided I want to post this, even though I tend to be sortof private. Many of you have noticed that, after a rather long absence I'm suddenly here more than usual. The secret of my copious spare time now is this: I'm staying with my very-much-loved Mother-in-law because she is now on hospice care. My job description--life description--now is to do what I can to make her comfortable and happy as long as possible. I'm cooking things she likes, mending things she wants mended and taking care of what worries her if I can. It had been my privilege to have the same Mom-in-law for the past 26 years and my pleasure to be able to do this. While she is resting, I am having time to write, and that--among many other things--has been a gift from her. Your thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But aside from all that, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, but I'm glad your mother-in-law is so accepting of your offer to care for her in her time of need, I try to do the same for my own mother, but she acts like I'm getting my priorities out of whack because I would set my own needs aside for her. Also, it's nice to hear that there's a loving relationship between you and your mother-in-law, especially considering that in-laws are usually the source of a lot of stress and tension, almost like out of a sitcom (like Endora, :laugh:).

So, I do hope all will continue to be well for the two of you.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Genuinely gifted and caring for you to support your mother-in-law-- with love. My thoughts and prayers to your mother-in-law, Ru.

God bless. <3

~ Angie

Aaron

Reaction score
Thinking of you often Catherine!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
May you and your mother-in-law have a peaceful existence. Nice to hear it's working out basically ok so far. <3

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------------------------
Brava, Lady Ru. I'm glad your ma-in-law has a good enough relationship with you for you to be able to do that for her without friction! That speaks volumes of your kindness as a person.

Hospice are good peeps, but it always helps to have a caring person there more often in those last stages, no matter what her ailment. Good for you both.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
My wonderful mother-in-law passed this morning. Please keep my family in your thoughts.

outerelf

Reaction score
Oh Ruahnna, that's so very sad. It seems like tragedy is piling up on the members of this forum. But I wish you all the very best of luck.

newsmanfan

Reaction score

Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory,
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,
Are heaped for the beloved's bed;
And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,
Love itself shall slumber on.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

------------------------------------

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh... Ru, I'm so sorry about that.
But don't worry! Everything's going to be fine!

BUT! If not, I give you premission to slap me five times, send me to Muppet Labs and have me shrunken by Bunsen, so I can get eaten by Miss Piggy!

Did that cheer you up? I hope so!