1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Rumor: 2010: Year of the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MuppetVision3D, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Just found a very interesting thread over on wdwmagic.com (awesome disney fansite btw). It has some very interesting info. concerning a giant piece of muppet glacier finally breaking off of the colossally giant disney glacier and floating our way (thanks Steve). Boy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (CROSS YOUR FINGERS!) for a year as full of muppety goodness as 2001/2002. Enough yammerin', without further ado:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=474677

Can you picture that? :D :halo: :concern:
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Meh, I'll believe it when I'm assured the "rumor" is indeed facts.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Pffeh... The person who posted that isn't hexactly the most reliable nor trusted around these parts. If it happens, great. If not, at least we have the new movie instead.
  4. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

5. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Don't know about the marketing blitz but I can confirm that a commercial shoot takes place next week at Disneyland, after hours.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well no shocker here, it's been pretty obvious(and VERY cool)
    that 2010(the 55 year anniversary) will be THE return of the Muppets leading to the 2011 movie and new show.

Oh man, this post on the thread was too much
    "I am all for new Muppet stuff but I still don't want Disney to go Muppet mania on us, I mean I would love a Muppet ride but too much and we will have another "Stitch" crises on our hands."

Silly Disneyana people. Btw, I don't think they realize that the Muppets are NOT part of Disney canon or world of characters like Pixar's/NBX/AA Milne/etc characters have become.

Well even if this specific shoot doesn't occur, I know for a fact beginning in 2010 there will be a massive push finally by Disney regarding our beloved Muppety pals.

Whoah, Delphi Forums? Holy 1998 Batman!
  7. zns

zns Active Member

Let's just hope to goodness that this will all work out. Disney does sem to be getting a handle on the Muppets, but they need to make sure that everything they do is done carefully. :coy:
  8. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Thanks for the info!
  9. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

There seems to be more interest over at the WDW forum than here!It is 6 pages over there.what seems to be clear is that people are sick of Stitch, and want the Great Muppet Movie Ride.
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's about all they're saying. :p

This is incredibly interesting... what I found very interesting was the wording of it. "On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity packages for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and it at least should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz." (interesting parts in bold)

Now... it doesn't say WHAT the 2010 marketing blitz is for. Disneyland? The Muppets? Me thinketh the Muppets--based on the next bolded part--last few years of schmaltz. That is definitely the past few years of Muppets. I think this could prove to be very interesting. I hope it all works out well!
  11. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I'm with the comments on the WDWMagic forums who want a Pigs in Space ride :D As long as it's available at Disney WORLD as well!
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It'd be great if Disney did promote 2010 as the year of the muppets, especially since that's the 55th anniversary. We know that Disney plans on releasing the next movie next year, and it's rumored that season 4 will come out next year, but there are a lot of other ways to promote the aniversary and the movie if it comes out in 2010.

Most of the Muppet merchandise made in the last few years have been exclusive to the Disney theme parks or online retailors... It'd be great if there were more mass market Muppet merchandise. Maybe some t-shirts and bumper stickers representing scenes from The Muppet Show and moviews, with classic lines accompanying them (for example, a shirt with Beauregard in the taxi drivers seat, saying "what color are their hands now?").

I'd like to have a variety of new Muppet books. Some informative, some illustrated storybooks. And more comic books wil be welcome. Maybe The Muppet Show Book could get a rerelease, and there can finally be a sequel.

Would it be considered weird for there to be a 55th anniversary special?

In addition to TMS season 4, there should be some more productions released on DVD (besides as bonus features on season 4). Maybe The Muppets at Walt Disney World or the "Tales from Muppetland" specials. Perhaps the movie or anniversary could be promoted with blu-ray releases of TMM and GMC.

It would be great to have a new action figure line. Part of me wants it to be different from the Palisades line, while part wants it to be similar so that characters who weren't made as figures would be comparable in quality and scale. Maybe there can be a new line of plush and dolls.

Video games would also be welcome, as would a board game.
  13. SesameKermie

SesameKermie Member

I know there is speculation, but has anyone heard anything with the 'ring of authority' indicating that any of the attractions planned during the original merger--the muppet movie ride, Gonzo's Pizza palace, etc.--are going to be created or would they just be throwing away all of that groundwork laid earlier?
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

No, no, no -- what THAT needs is a bumper sticker saying "I'm sorry -- I can only take you as far as the lobby!"
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Oh me! Oh my! You're right! I am such a blockhead... Looks like I needs to get me an excuse to keep up with the times!
  16. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i can not wait to see if it is going to be real that would be so great .

btw thanks for posting this link i looked at the site and wow i wish i had known about this site years ago , better late than never i added it to my faverites and i also joined the form as well .
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

EPIC! ! ! Oh, that is AWESOME! Look! Two other chickens in the Dumbo behind he and Camilla. SO cool!
  18. Muppetplus

Muppetplus New Member

This just made my day. I hope it's for something big! :D:super::excited:
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yes, the Muppets are out at Disneyland this week! They are out there filming bits throughout the park for an innovative new 2010 Disneyland marketing campaign starring the Muppets.

Gonzo, Camilla, Sam Eagle, chickens and penguins were spotted riding on the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride; Animal was seen chasing guests down Main Street; and Kermit, Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang were seen hanging out in front of the cameras as well.