Rumor: 2010: Year of the Muppets

MuppetVision3D

Reaction score
Just found a very interesting thread over on wdwmagic.com (awesome disney fansite btw). It has some very interesting info. concerning a giant piece of muppet glacier finally breaking off of the colossally giant disney glacier and floating our way (thanks Steve). Boy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (CROSS YOUR FINGERS!) for a year as full of muppety goodness as 2001/2002. Enough yammerin', without further ado:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=474677

Can you picture that? :big_grin: :halo: :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meh, I'll believe it when I'm assured the "rumor" is indeed facts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pffeh... The person who posted that isn't hexactly the most reliable nor trusted around these parts. If it happens, great. If not, at least we have the new movie instead.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Don't know about the marketing blitz but I can confirm that a commercial shoot takes place next week at Disneyland, after hours.

beaker

Reaction score
Well no shocker here, it's been pretty obvious(and VERY cool)
that 2010(the 55 year anniversary) will be THE return of the Muppets leading to the 2011 movie and new show.

Oh man, this post on the thread was too much
"I am all for new Muppet stuff but I still don't want Disney to go Muppet mania on us, I mean I would love a Muppet ride but too much and we will have another "Stitch" crises on our hands."

Silly Disneyana people. Btw, I don't think they realize that the Muppets are NOT part of Disney canon or world of characters like Pixar's/NBX/AA Milne/etc characters have become.

Pffeh... The person who posted that isn't hexactly the most reliable nor trusted around these parts. If it happens, great. If not, at least we have the new movie instead.
Well even if this specific shoot doesn't occur, I know for a fact beginning in 2010 there will be a massive push finally by Disney regarding our beloved Muppety pals.

The guy seems right about the Disneyland ads, read here:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/messages/?msg=10888.1:concern:
Whoah, Delphi Forums? Holy 1998 Batman!

zns

Reaction score
Let's just hope to goodness that this will all work out. Disney does sem to be getting a handle on the Muppets, but they need to make sure that everything they do is done carefully. :coy:

muppetperson

Reaction score
There seems to be more interest over at the WDW forum than here!It is 6 pages over there.what seems to be clear is that people are sick of Stitch, and want the Great Muppet Movie Ride.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
There seems to be more interest over at the WDW forum than here!It is 6 pages over there.what seems to be clear is that people are sick of Stitch, and want the Great Muppet Movie Ride.
That's about all they're saying. :stick_out_tongue:

This is incredibly interesting... what I found very interesting was the wording of it. "On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity packages for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and it at least should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz." (interesting parts in bold)

Now... it doesn't say WHAT the 2010 marketing blitz is for. Disneyland? The Muppets? Me thinketh the Muppets--based on the next bolded part--last few years of schmaltz. That is definitely the past few years of Muppets. I think this could prove to be very interesting. I hope it all works out well!