Rumor: Abby gets own segment

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think SS is doing pretty well for itself...it might not be exactly what we like right now but it seems to be holding its own, in many parts of the world to :smile:. That is not something even the best newcomers can say they do well :3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But what I am saying is just because it does doesn't mean it will stay down, and just because it happens never means there is no hope :smile:.
I agree, comebacks are always possible so long as there is hope. :smile:

I don't mind if some shows come to an end. Sometimes shows have run their course and need to end in order to remain strong. The important thing is that they happened at all and are still available for people to see.

Not talking about SS in particular, I do hope it sticks around. But I'm saying the important question is how good was a show, not how long did it run. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, Ss isn't just a show anymore I think, it may have started as just that, but now it is such a part of everyones lifes and history I think doing away with it would be a little like doing away with preschool :frown:.
It's not like Romper Room was, just a fun little show to keep little ones from being bored before their parents woke up, SS really fills a much needed place, something we will always need :smile:. Nothing bad meant to Romper Room though, I use to watch it every morning ;D

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But what I am saying is just because it does doesn't mean it will stay down, and just because it happens never means there is no hope :smile:.
Yeah, I just mean it as an expression, heh!

If you want to give up you are more that welcome to, but that is not my nature about things, most of all if my dream of writing for SS or a show like it has anything to do with it:excited: .
It's not so much that I want to give up. it's just that sometimes you just have to face the facts, you know?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's not so much that I want to give up. it's just that sometimes you just have to face the facts, you know?

But it is not a fact :wink:. Just because a show has down points does not mean it is dieing, anymore than having a bad flu always means you will die of it. Sometimes, your mindset is half the battle :excited:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Now If we think about this carefully, everyone should see that the most popular SS characters tend to get their own segment at some stage, weather that lasts or not is due to the appeal of the character. Right now Abby is SW's new 'weapon' for pop culture; and this might just work. But by the same token, too much of a character may kill the appeal. Anyway , let's not get Suicidal about Sesame, and stay on topic about the rumour.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But it is not a fact :wink:. Just because a show has down points does not mean it is dieing, anymore than having a bad flu always means you will die of it. Sometimes, your mindset is half the battle :excited:
Well Becky, you are right. It is not fact as much as it is a mater of opinion. But I agree that it isn't too-too late for the show to repair itself. It just needs a trip to the Fix-It-Shop. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Now If we think about this carefully, everyone should see that the most popular SS characters tend to get their own segment at some stage, weather that lasts or not is due to the appeal of the character. Right now Abby is SW's new 'weapon' for pop culture; and this might just work. But by the same token, too much of a character may kill the appeal. Anyway , let's not get Suicidal about Sesame, and stay on topic about the rumour.
No one is going to kill anything:smile:...Anyway, it is pretty much on topic, since these are reactions to the news.
I actually think that Abby doesn't need her own show as they are putting her in just about everything as it is:coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Listen... Canceling SS isn't like canceling something like Hey, Gabba Gabba or Dinosaur King or something like that... this is a show that's been around 40 years. Look at the news when Mr. Rogers ended, and that was a voluntary retirement. If even the slightest rumor that it was going to be taken off surfaced (no matter how untrue it was) there would be lots and lots of angry letters begging them to keep producing it. Mike's right. It'll continue as long as it has an audience, and if adding a segment causes it to lose appeal and viewers, it's taken off swiftly.

Remember that patronizing "Get up, it's time to play" stuff? That lasted only one season. It probably tested poor, and there were complaints. We have to worry about an Abby segment being successful if anything.

And yes, overexposure kills a character. I've said a hundred times that there's a difference between the great stories, TV shows, short films, etc of Winnie the Pooh, and the millions of bean bag toys that old women collected.

There is so much potential for character development and exploration on Abby's part. For instance, an episode where she gets extremely depressed after not being able to do magic right, and she decides not to bother trying to be a fairy anymore... and then her friends tell her to keep trying... or an episode where one character gets extremely jealous of her magic, teaching the all too important lesson that kids can't have everything, and they can still get along. I really want to see more of that. Even Abby in Wonderland was a nice Character exploration with the message to try not to grow up too fast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Repeat Post... Ignore. Stupid computer got stuck.