Rumor: Finding Nemo 2?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pixar's gone sequel crazy again.

There is no plot to speak of yet, but what more can they do? They already found him... if they lose him again, it'll be Hangover 2 all over again.

I know Ellen was complaining that they sequeled just about everything else, but the movie she was in. But I really don't see what they can do with this one. Unless they change the title completely.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I saw this on Gawker, and am intrigued but not really sure what they will do with this one. The rumored writer is someone named Victoria Strouse, who hasn't really done anything I've heard of (not that that's saying much). I figure Andrew Stanton is going back to Pixar with his tail between his legs after Johnny Carter bombed, but is this the right move? The only plot idea I can think of is Dory getting lost or something, but that hews way too close to the original.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I figure Andrew Stanton is going back to Pixar with his tail between his legs after Johnny Carter bombed, but is this the right move? The only plot idea I can think of is Dory getting lost or something, but that hews way too close to the original.

on the subjects...

John Carter

That was Disney's fault. They basically (as one of the comments said) threw Andrew under the bus with the terrible marketing mistakes they made with the movie. Not to mention the fact that A) they didn't even mention the fact it was created by the same person that gave us Tarzan and B) wanted to drop "Of Mars" from the title for no reason. And I'll give a C)... it was released the same month as Hunger Games and Clash of the Titans... Disney failed to make it look different from those films in the advertisements.

But the film is getting its due on DVD.

On the subject of Dory getting lost...

That was the plotline of the Boom comics miniseries "Losing Dory." I didn't get a chance to read it, so I have no idea what went on with it. But that idea's been used.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I can't imagine how a sequel would play out. Nemo's been found and now lives happily in his anemo... anem... anemon... *takes a deep breath* in his anemone with his now carefree dad. A satisfying ending that brings closure. Except they make it to Searching Dory, where Dory was meeting the sharks and forgot her way home and now it's up to Marlin and Nemo to find her. Or it could be about the thank gang adapting to their lives in the ocean, provided that they got out of the plastic bags.

But it's just a rumor now, right? We don't know yet if it's true and if it is, no use to cry over it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing that I can think of that they could ever remotely possibly do with a plot is if Nemo is grown-up, has offsprings of his own, and one of them gets lost and they have to search him it... that's all I can think of... I mean, Nemo is one of my all-time favorite Pixar movies (I LOVE aquatic tales), but I think it falls into the category of movies that really shouldn't have sequels... like Ice Age... and I hope to God Roger Rabbit (I still hear rumors Zemeckis is going to do a CGI sequel, but I never hear anymore advancement on the rumors or anything).

EDIT: DANG! I got ziffeled like THREE TIMES!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That was Disney's fault. They basically (as one of the comments said) threw Andrew under the bus with the terrible marketing mistakes they made with the movie. Not to mention the fact that A) they didn't even mention the fact it was created by the same person that gave us Tarzan and B) wanted to drop "Of Mars" from the title for no reason. And I'll give a C)... it was released the same month as Hunger Games and Clash of the Titans... Disney failed to make it look different from those films in the advertisements.

But the film is getting its due on DVD.
Despite that, I think that some pressure falls on him to do something that's going to more likely make money for the company. Sure, Disney punted the marketing, but whether or not it's fair, the director of a unsuccessful movie is going to get some heat.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only thing that I can think of that they could ever remotely possibly do with a plot is if Nemo is grown-up, has offsprings of his own, and one of them gets lost and they have to search him it... that's all I can think of... I mean, Nemo is one of my all-time favorite Pixar movies (I LOVE aquatic tales), but I think it falls into the category of movies that really shouldn't have sequels... like Ice Age... and I hope to God Roger Rabbit (I still hear rumors Zemeckis is going to do a CGI sequel, but I never hear anymore advancement on the rumors or anything).
I think Roger Rabbit does deserve a continuation, but ONLY if we can have the same circumstances that made the first one. Co-operation between various licensing companies for one. If we can have Sega, Namco, Nintendo, and Capcom characters (to name a few... Sony owns Q*bert) in Wreck it Ralph, we should be able to get WB, Disney, Classic Media, and whoever else is out there together. Secondly, they NEED to make Roger and the Toons traditionally animated, or it will lose all the point of being a Roger Rabbit film. And thirdly, the ideal RR sequel should be about Roger and other theatrical toons coming to terms with the advent of television. Along with cameos by HB characters and Bullwinkle, of course... they're major TV players around the time.

As for Nemo... it doesn't need a sequel at all, but I found this out looking it up...

In 2005, after disagreements between Disney's Michael Eisner and Pixar's Steve Jobs over the distribution of Pixar's films, Disney announced that they would be creating a new animation studio, Circle 7 Animation, to make sequels to the seven Disney-owned Pixar films (which consisted of the films released between 1995 and 2006).The studio had put Toy Story 3 and Monsters, Inc. 2 in development, and had also hired screenwriter Laurie Craig to write a draft for Finding Nemo 2. On July 17, 2012, Finding Nemo 2 was confirmed. Andrew Stanton will return to direct the sequel.
YEP! Same circumstances that almost gave us the BAD Toy Story 3. So, it was another "Did someone say CHALLENGE?!?!" situation.

Still... the movie that demands a sequel is Incredibles. There's a lot of ground there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait... you thought TS3 was bad?

EDIT: Never mind, I misread your point, my mistake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: Never mind, I misread your point, my mistake.

Yeah... the BAD TS3...

I could make jokes, but ... yeah... Buzz getting recalled with various ripoffs of characters from brave Little Toaster? That wouldn't have been the tear inducing, emotional beauty that is Pixar's TS3.

I could only imagine what 7 Circle's Finding Nemo 2 was. We lost Nemo... AGAIN!

Now that I think about it... Steve Purcell works at Pixar now

Know what i want? A Pixar animated Sam and Max movie.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, they could just drop the "Finding" part and call it "Nemo 2" or something. People will still know what it is. Though like everyone else has said, I can't see much as far as sequel material goes...