1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Rumor: Muppets + Star Wars = New Disney Attraction

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppetboy09, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

According to ToughPigs, there may be a new attraction coming to Star Wars land in Disney. It looks like it will be the same format as "Great Moments in American History" with the live puppets, but they will be spoofing Star Wars.

http://www.toughpigs.com/starwars-wdw/

MikaelaMuppet and pjtoadie like this.
  2. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

I saw a video about this on YouTube the other day. Will be very cool if it's true!

3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Kind of ironic given the Muppets connection to Star Wars.

4. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I hope rumours are true. That would be pretty cool :D

5. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

This would be pretty cool actually. Considering all the Muppets & Star Wars merchandise and all that.
    But if they do bring this to Disney World, I would absolutely LOVE it if they brought back those meet and greets with Kermit & Piggy they had like 15 years ago. I'm sure most of us miss it and would love to see it be brought back. With the walkarounds of course.

6. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

They had meet and greets with Kermit and Piggy?! My first visit to Hollywood Studios was only 6 years ago so it wasn't there. That would be awesome if they did that!

7. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

As a Nintendo fan, I immediately thought of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, lol.

I think there was something with that, like Jim said he didn't want them in the parks as walk-around characters, but only as actual puppets, animatronics, etc.

Yeah, nowadays they are considered obscenely rare/extinct characters.

8. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this news, actually, mainly because I'm not a big fan of "Star Wars." Though this does sound interesting.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm sure whatever they do it'll be Muppety enough so that you don't have to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy it.
    Frankly, I think there should be Muppet parodies of just about every famous movie. The characters can really fit in everything when written right.

MikaelaMuppet, pjtoadie and muppetgem like this.
  10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Muppets and Star Wars? Count me in.

MikaelaMuppet, oknazevad and pjtoadie like this.