1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Russian" promo

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by dwmckim, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dwmckim Well-Known Member

For those keeping tracks of the various promos/ads for "The Muppets", i saw a hilarious one which aired during One Life to Live today...

:15 second clip...shot of Walter then one of Kermit but the dialogue coming out of their mouths are in (badly lipsynced) Russian - cut to Vogue Piggy "what the...?" shot.
    Announcer: "Note: The Muppets do NOT speak Russian in this movie...:
    Shot of "hello's" from barbershop quartet in Russian.
    Announcer: "We just wanted to see if you were paying attention."
    Shot of Animal with Russian dialogue.
    "The Muppets. Rated PG"
    Pepe: "November 23rd - ha ha!"
    Puckrox likes this.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

&feature=feedu

This seems like something that would have totally scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

According to one of the comments, Beaker is saying "menya menya" basically saying a poorly translated "Mee Mee" or rather "Me Me" the pronoun. But I can't vouch for that.
  3. Stulz Member

Yeah I was gonna post about that. I think it first aired during SNL last week. Can't wait to see what they do this week!
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i seen it 2 times playin on the Disney channel last night
  5. Natalia New Member

As a native Russian speaker, I could only identify the following words: "They want...", "you", "knew", "hello", "me, me" and "Good buy". Not that I want to question the Muppets' pronunciation skills :) but it was challenging. All the more reason to see the movie! I bet, they will play on yet one more "Russian villain" character there :)
  6. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

love this lol