S.S Home Videos Improvement

Grover

Reaction score
If you were The head of Sesame Street Home Video. How would you improve Sesames Street already released?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I would want some special edition DVDs released, with an assortment of clips shown without linking material. I have a few different ideas on how I'd want them released. One would be similar to the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. I actually started a thread like that in the Sesame Merchandise folder, with listings of contents and features I'd like. I forget the title for the thread, but I think it had Sesame Street Golden Collection in the title (I think the word "idea" was also in the thread title).

Another type of DVD like this that I've thought of was a collection of DVDs known as the Sesame Street Treasures Collection. I actually posted a thread on april fools day about a phony e-mail response announcing this, but if you look you will see what I listed, which is a bit of what I'd like to see. I have considered starting a fan fiction of more phony press releases for sets that I didn't mention in the joke thread. Basically, this type of collection would be a number of different things, such as chronological character collections from a certain number of years, collections focusing on certain episodes/ types of episodes, or collections of certain themes (like guest star appearances, parodies, animated segments, and more). These would have features like photo galleries, all-new documentaries, episodes of the show (though they would most likely have most of the inserts edited, for reasons including time, space, budget, legalties, and the fact that many sketches are repeated in many episodes anyway), existing specials and guest appearances, and other things that would fit the collection. I'd also like them to include a special booklet, with a two-page introduction by somebody who's important to the certain type of video represented. For example, for a collection focusing on a certain character, I'd like it to include an introduction by that characters performer (or one of that characters performers, if there are multiple performers).

I'd also have all new DVDs that have the same formats as current DVDs include bonus segments. Some of the recent DVDs have had bonus segments,but not all of them have. If I was in charge of the A Celebration of Me, Grover! DVD, I would have put in six bonus segments, and for the program itself, I would have replaced some of the segments that have been previously released on video (I would have replaced Over, Under, Around, and Through with the regular Near and Far skit, I'd have replaced ABC Disco with Rappin' Alphabet, and I'd nix Roger Ebert's review of The King and I to include Allistar Cookie's opening and closings).

I'd also try to put in more older segments in the DVDs, and I'd release special edition DVDs of existing DVD releases, featuring 4-6 bonus segments (I'd also do this for new DVD releases of existing videos that have never been released on DVD, like I'm Glad I'm Me).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- a lot of good ideas there. Mainly it'd be nice to see compilations on DVD of the best sketches and songs for various characters-
for example- An Ultimate Collection of Ernie and Bert sketches and songs, compilations for Big Bird, The Count, Grover, Cookie Monster, Herry, Kermit and Oscar, etc. And hopefully characters not currently used on the show much could be covered too- people like Forgetful Jones, Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou, Roosevelt Franklin, Mumford the Magician, Little Bird, etc.

And also DVD sets for the best number skits, best letter skits, and best animation set, and best live action film sets, etc.

And I do think some episodes should be released on DVD fully intact- perhaps a best of Sesame Street DVD with at least these following episodes- the Pilot pitch (with Kermit and Rowlf), the 1st. episode, Snuffy's first appearance on the show, Snuffy being revealed to the adults, Mr. Hooper's death, Miles being adopted, Maria and Luis' wedding, the birth of Gabi, last episode of David, the Hurricane episodes, and maybe some of the trips episodes- like the gang's trip to New Mexico, I believe, and Puerto Rico.

Something like that would really rock!:smile:

Grover

Reaction score
I liked your idea of "Sesame Stret Treasures". We could have a tin shaped cover. Later in thread I'll post more ideas I'll post more ideas. It wouldn't be bad if SS Home Video released "Sesame Street Unpaved" unedited of course.

Learning About Numbers
I think there could have been some more un-released material included. There should've been more segment with "SS Muppets"
  • Kemit Counts eggs hatching
  • E&B Count Six Blocks
  • Bakers Film # 9
  • Eleven Cheer
  • Jazzy Spies # 6
  • Grover and Ernie Count 7 Balloons
  • Ernie Counts 11 cookies and 1 Egg.
  • Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover count to 20

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Grover said:
Learning About Numbers
I think there could have been some more un-released material included. There should've been more segment with "SS Muppets"
  • Kemit Counts eggs hatching
  • E&B Count Six Blocks
  • Bakers Film # 9
  • Eleven Cheer
  • Jazzy Spies # 6
  • Grover and Ernie Count 7 Balloons
  • Ernie Counts 11 cookies and 1 Egg.
  • Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover count to 20
Yeah, that video taught kids to count up to 20, but there weren't any segments about the numbers 11-19, and there were a lot of repeated umber segments. The numbers 2, 3, 4, and 20 each got represented twice (in a way, you could say that 7 and 10 got represented twice, because of the skit where Kermit rides the Counts elevador, wanting to go to the seventh floor but going to the tenth floor instead). From my count, there were 16 sketches in the entire video.

I also feel that Learning About letters should have had segments for each letter of the alphabet. The Alphabet Jungle Game and All-Star Alphabet both had segments for every letter (plus some generic alphabet segments), but The Alphabet Jungle Game only had animated segments (and from my understanding, very few were truly classic), while All-Star Alphabet didn't appear to have any segments made before the early 1990s in the main program, though the DVD has five bonus alphabet sketches, all from the early 1970s (though none of them feature regular characters).

Grover

Reaction score
Learning About Letters

I have to agree with Minor Muppetz with some segments representing each letter of the alphabet.

• Ernie's Presents The Letter 'A'
  • Kermit's 'B' Lecture
  • Dee Dee Dee
  • Two 'G' sounds
  • I Stand Straight and Tall
  • J Friends
  • Professsor Hasting 'U' lecture*
  • Kermit's W Lecture
  • X Marks the Spot
* I am not sure if that was supposed to be a skit on television.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Grover said:
  • Ernie's Presents The Letter 'A'
  • Kermit's 'B' Lecture
  • Dee Dee Dee
  • Two 'G' sounds
  • I Stand Straight and Tall
  • J Friends
  • Professsor Hasting 'U' lecture*
  • Kermit's W Lecture
  • X Marks the Spot
* I am not sure if that was supposed to be a skit on television.
We'll also need to include a Harvey Kneeslapper skit (maybe the B one, or the "picture of U" one, especially if The U Lecture doesn't exist as a real televised skit).And maybe instead of including X Marks the Spot, we could include Mystery Letter. That way, Sherlock Hemlock would still be included in the video, and we'd also get appearances by Guy Smiley and Don Music.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is a listing of skits that I think should have been included in previous video releases.

Play-Along Games and Songs:
Ernie's sandbox Game
Kermit's What happens Next? Machine
Ernie and Bert play a What Happens next? game with picture cards
Beat the Time: Grover
What's My Part?: Nose

I'm Glad I'm Me: *
Proud
What's My Part?: Foot
Proffessor Hastings lecture on body parts
Bert sneezes his nose off
Big Round Nose
Grover gives Kermit ears
Kermit's hair lecture
Proud of Me

The Best of Ernie and Bert:
Rubber Duckie
The Rhyming Game
The Banana Sketch
Ernie substitues a pot for Bert's cowboy hat
Ernie and Bert share jellybeans
One and One Make Two
Ernie and Bert go to the jungle
Bert is missing at the beach

Big Bird's Favorite Party Games:
Sesame Street News: Elmo invents the reporter game
The Triangle is Right

Sing Yourself Silly:
Loansome Joan
Mahna Mahna
If I Knew You were Comin' I Would Have Baked a Cake
What's the Name of That Song?

Monster Hits:
Monster in the Mirror
I want a Monster to be My Friend
I whistle a Happy Tune
five Monsters in My Family

Getting Ready to Read:
The Golden An

Sing Along Earth Songs: *
Bye Bye Garbage
Put it In the Trash can
I Love Trash
Garbage Man Blues
Keep On truckin'
Down Below the Street
Don't Waste Water

*=I haven't seen this video.

Grover

Reaction score
Nice listings for Previously Video Releases. Orignally, I was going to list some of those videos for segments nice ideas. I might later.

The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street:smile:

Songs
  • Frogs in The Glen
  • Were Alive
  • Bayou Alphabet
  • I Wonder 'Bout The World Above
Newsflash
  • Kindergarden Class
  • Piper's Pickeled Peppers
  • Count count's Three Little Pigs
Lectures
  • Kermit demonstrates Same and Diffrent
  • Kermit's Big and Small Lecture
  • Kermit and Grover:Heavy and Light.
  • Kermit and Grover: Long and short

Grover

Reaction score
Big Bird's Favorite Party Games
Grover Demonstrates First and Last (1981)
Ernie Throws a Suprise Party for Bert
Beat the Time (Grover)
Kermit Throws a Twiddlebug Party
Kermit's Mystery Box

Sleepy Time Stories and Songs
Grover is afraid of the dark
The Monster's Three Wishes
The Cursed Prince
Cookie Monster share a a Pillow
Ernie calls Oscar during a Blackout

Cookie Monsters Best Bites
Kermit demonstrates Happy,Sad, and Mad.