S.S, Parody on Robot Chicken 11/19 11:30pm est

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...so....what happened in the sketch, and who appeared in it?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Oh wait. I just saw it here on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_22irDutNEg&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

But unfortunately, I was dissapointed for some reason. It COULD HAVE been better if:

1)It were a little longer
2)More inserts (other than One of these Things)
and
3) (and this is the biggie), if Oscar came out of his can in that bit. It was there all right, and we all know that when we see it, we know he's in there, but it would have been great if he popped out. Or then again, maybe it's because the people at RC didnt want to offend him?

But on the other hand, the guy doing Big Bird was REALLY close to Caroll Spinney! Whoa, and I wonder if he would be interested in handling Caroll's characters (speaking of which, is Matt Vogel still doing BB?)

And come on, everyone's already done the "Big Bird Flu" joke too many times...come up with something new for once.

I just heard that it got picked up for a third season, but if there's anybody involved in Robot Chicken here reading this, I just hope that you guys could come up with a much better SS parody with every major classic character intact (and nobody left behind. I Want to see BB, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Grover, Count, Snuffy, Oscar, Cookie...the major ones) and make it more funnier than what I just saw.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I liked it at lot! But yeah, the "bird flu" joke has been done before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it without sound on Youtube. It looked funny. that's all I can say. I agree. No more Big Bird Flu jokes. I've heard them all. They really have to do one with Sylvester and Tweety instead. T'would be more original.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I heard about this awhile ago and I've been wanting to wacth it. Sadly I missed it.

Oh well I'm sure they'll replay it.

And I do agree that the whole Big Bird getting the Bird Flu joke is really old now, much like the joke about Cookie Monster having to give up Cookies like it's crack or something? Let's be a bit more original here.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well I never saw a Big Bird flu gag and I thought this was hilarious!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
"One of these kids is not like the other, one of these kids is dead" lol...

CoOKiE

Reaction score
::reading everyones post:: I thought it was good. And i felt there were enough inserts and i'm surprised they added that much. And you have to realize that most of their skits are short. THey don't dedicate a full episode to one joke.

Most likly, you may never see another SS joke again on RC. I dont recall there being multiple skits on one thing. Which they shouldn't have to. They're not dedicated to make SS skits... and thats what gave them a 3rd season slot. The fact that they randomize their skits is what keeps peoples intrest.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:
::reading everyones post:: I thought it was good. And i felt there were enough inserts and i'm surprised they added that much. And you have to realize that most of their skits are short. THey don't dedicate a full episode to one joke.

Most likly, you may never see another SS joke again on RC. I dont recall there being multiple skits on one thing. Which they shouldn't have to. They're not dedicated to make SS skits... and thats what gave them a 3rd season slot. The fact that they randomize their skits is what keeps peoples intrest.
I agree with that, Cookie. Myself, I'm a big Robot Chicken fan, I don't have a problem with how long the skit is.

And here Vic, here is the "Bird Flu" joke done by Madtv

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3K8KvHxh1VI