Sam Arrow Variation? Huh?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I was just reading the daily bit, about variations being released before their non-variation counterparts, and this came up:

Mr. Samuel Arrow – this was the first of the INTENTIONAL releases of the variation before the regular figure. The reason being we wanted to start using our recently acquired rights to film versions of the figures and add some longevity to the line by having a really big gun character to anchor a future series.

I wasnt even aware he had a variation?

Or are they not saying a paint variation, but a character variation. As in, a MTI Sam, instead of a regular Sam?

Luke

Reaction score
They are saying CHARACTER variation - they intentionally released MTI Sam before Regular Sam because they had the movie license and wanted to use it.

Regular 'Nekkid' Rowlf was going to be the third Mega figure, so they put Tux Rowlf into the regular line. Once they found the Mega's weren't selling enough to the retailers and found they'd have to go slower it was too late to put Regular 'Nekkid' Rowlf back into Regular Series 3 so they went with the variation, but it wasn't intentional.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
In someway the whole INTENTIONAL release of Sam from MTI is not true, i mean when the line first started they did NOT have movie rights so we would have likey seen reg Sam in series 4 as well as Janice was writen in there as well. Remember all that Sam Mintnet man Ex Ken was talking about but not many people liked the idea. it got changed long before but if there was no movie rights Sam was writen in for series 4 when they were first starting

Zack

WiGgY

Reaction score
I wish Palisades had put Rizzo in series 5 and put Janice is series 4. It's messing up the whole Electric Mayhem theme. Oh well, at least we get both versions of Rizzo. the repaint is an actua version of rizzo that was used in promos and in muppet classic theater. Tres cool. :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
There was also both Rizzo in the Muppet chess set as the pawns....that's pawns...not prawns!:rolleyes: :smile:

Zack,