Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow action Figure

Drtooth

Reaction score
link at www.toughpigs.com/images/figs04samarrowsculpt.jpg .

I like the sculpt so far, but his legs seem..well...short! It looks like he's part muppet, Part Charlie Brown character. Not that I'm complaining mind you, I really want a Sam T Eagle. Are his legs really that short! I mean, I haven't seen any other full body pictures of him. I think his legs should be just a quarter of an inch taller. It just doesn't look right.

But Cool figure, all and all!

Joe

Reaction score
he looks ok to me, but then again I havn't seen enough of the muppets (recently) to be able to tell for sure. but aren't birds legs(claws, whatever..) usually shorter?

Joe
(who is a club member, so his computer didn't explode when he loaded the image :wink: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I'm not too sure! I mean, Sam is a cartoonish sort of bird, and cartoons seldom look like the real versions (check out the Tazmanian Devil and a real Taz manian devil). Even if he's supposed to look like this, it just..doesn't seem right some how. In fact, I always hought his bird's feet would be blue.

Joe

Reaction score
that's why it looks strange! his feet aren't blue! I always assumed they would be, since his beak is blue. hmm.. I think I like the regular color feet better.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Did toughpigs get permission to post this pic? I thought it was for Collector's Club members only. I thought Ken asked someone using Sam as an avatar to remove it because of this.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Regardless of permission...

I think it looks pretty accurate. You get a pretty good look at Sam's full body in MTI. I was surprised and a little bemused because I don't think we ever saw it up until that point.

I think his feet are rather charming. All of his bravado and stuffiness and then these little feet underneath supporting it all.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
he looks ok to me, but then again I havn't seen enough of the muppets (recently) to be able to tell for sure. but aren't birds legs(claws, whatever..) usually shorter?
no, not an eagle, how do you think they would be able to swoop up fish with short legs, they bend in when they are flying...this has nothing to do with Sam, because Sam is nothing like a real eagle, but i feel his legs are a little too short too, they seem a bit larger on MTI when his legs can be seen are are the yellow color, but it's a great sculpt and he will be tall, i just keep looking at the fig like he will be as big as gonzo, but he will be a tall fig, so that's good. if they can fix the legs that would be great, but if not he still will be one of the best looking figs.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We sculpted the legs in accordance with all the reference and size/proportion shots that Henson gave us. It is accurate to that.

I did ask the person with the avatar to remove it and even contacted another site asking them to take the image down.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it's absolutely perfect - pretty much one of the best sculpts i've seen from Palisades and i've not always been crazy about every single thing they've done. I just hope it looks the same once it's mass produced as an action figure.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Sam looks great to me. For some reason I like his tail the best! It makes me chuckle... strange but it is true. Dare I even say it... his tail makes him look cute! I think he did have rather short legs... MTI as already mentioned featured Sam from the waist down. For his feet, look at them when he is in the small boat. (the very safe boat... or something like that, I think he calls it) I think that when he is in the boat( row boat ) you get a good look at his feet. I'll have to check it out again.

Sam is a definate buy for me, especially if the pictured Sam is the one we are getting, or close to it.