sam the eagle on sesame street?

goshposh

Reaction score
I was at Sesame Place last month and i was listing to the songs they were playing over the loud speakers and I heard someone who sounded like Sam the Eagle talking about how the USA was founded. Then Herbert Birdsfoot came and talked and I swear he said Sam. Was this Sam from the Muppet SHow or another one?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Goshposh
Was this Sam from the Muppet SHow or another one?
There was a character called Sam the Machine, who was a robot performed by Jerry Nelson. I can't remember how long he was on the Street, but he was gone when I watched (during the mid to late 80's).

That may be the reference.

- Billy :cool:

ssetta

Reaction score
What kind of music do they usually play over their loudspeakers? Is it Sesame Street music, or what?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
What kind of music do they usually play over their loudspeakers? Is it Sesame Street music, or what?
They play all SS music.... ain't it great?

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
During a skit about different shapes, there WAS a Muppet who sounded an awful lot like Sam the Eagle (Frank Oz voiced him) and had he been a tall blue Anything Muppet instead of a tall orange one, he would have looked like him too. (It was a tall orange Anything Muppet with a rather large nose.) The skit entailed the orange Anything Muppet imagining shapes with a purple Anything Muppet (whose voice was performed by the late Northern Calloway, who played David--while Jim did the puppeteering). Where the orange Anything Muppet would imagine one basic shape, the purple Anything Muppet would imagine lots of shapes with cool designs and loud music.

"Do you know what a square is?"
"I know WHO a square is!"