Same Muppeteer Having Two Characters in One Scene

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I was watching an old clip where the Sesame Street Little Theater proudly presents: "Let's Make a Face"

and I think this is the only time I've ever seen where Frank Oz's Bert actually talks to and refers to Grover by name and vice versa.

Other instances where Muppets, played by the same Muppeteer, are seen talking to each other:

Bert / Grover / Cookie (Frank Oz) : I've only seen one other instance where I see Bert referring to Grover (and Cookie) by name - where Ernie gets scared of monsters late at night.

Ernie / Kermit (Jim Henson) : The only time I've ever seen Ernie and Kermit in the same room was "Do the Rubber Duck." The only time I've ever heard Kermit mention Ernie by name was when on the Muppet Show with Connie Stevens.

Prairie Dawn / Zoe
(Fran Brill) : I've only seen the two of them in the same scene once - on Play with Me Sesame - but they didn't talk to each other.

Any others?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's already a thread similiar somewhere in this same forum, you might wanna check it out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
right

As was just mentioned, there is another thread like this. I started it. Here are some of the examples that I mentioend in my thread:

Beat The Time: Cookie Monster: Frank Oz performed Cookie Monster and the train Conductor. Jerry Nelson performed the old man and Frazzle.

The King And His Problem: Jim Henson performed the king and I think the muppet who announced that the king had a problem. Frank Oz performed the tallest and smallest people in the kingdom. Jerry nelson performed the smartest and fastest peope in the kingdom.

Five people In My Family: caroll Spinney performed both of the two brothers.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Cookie Monster dressed as Ernie, absconding with a plate of cookies. CM and Bert together was evidently rare enough that CM added a "Hi, Bert." But I don't think the two of them actually appear in the same frame.

Ziffel

Reaction score
And we've got at least one time with Bert and Grover in one of Prairie Dawn's musical skits. Bert and Grover do a number together and Grover botches his line by saying "bellybuttons". Bert says, "Ears! We rehearsed this!" And he chastises Grover as they walk off the stage.
And Grover and CM appeared together in Ernie's apartment when CM was on a diet. Grover told Cookie that he looked terrible, which prompted CM to end his diet (by eating Ernie's cookies, I think. Interesting how CM was often to Ernie what Ernie was to Bert!)

ssetta

Reaction score
There was a skit where Ernie and Cookie were trying to tell the 2 of them apart, and a green AM comes to help them solve the problem, and Ernie says, "You're green like Kermit the Frog!" And it sounds just as if Kermit were saying his own name.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Ernie / Kermit (Jim Henson) : The only time I've ever seen Ernie and Kermit in the same room was "Do the Rubber Duck." The only time I've ever heard Kermit mention Ernie by name was when on the Muppet Show with Connie Stevens.

Ernie makes a vague reference to Kermit during a camping sketch where Ernie was identifying the sounds he heard at night. When he heard a frog croaking, he says "Bert, does that remind you of anyone we know?" and does his trademark laugh.

Thijs

Reaction score
And of course Fuzzy and Blue, with Grover and Cookie, AND Herry and Frazzle, both Nelson chars.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
"Do the Rubber Duck" actually has a LOT of characters played by the same Muppeteer:

It's got:

2 Kevin Clashes - Hoots and Elmo

2 Jerry Nelsons - Count and Biff

2 Jim Hensons - Kermit and Ernie

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
"Do the Rubber Duck" actually has a LOT of characters played by the same Muppeteer:

It's got:

2 Jim Hensons - Kermit and Ernie
Actually, it's got 3 Jim Hensons. Don't forget Guy Smiley.