San Diego Comic Con Volunteers Wanted!

grail

Reaction score
oh, what i wouldn't give...

but i can't afford that AND BotCon (i think i've probably said that a couple of times...heh), and i already sent BotCon money. curse my lack of planning!!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Hehehehehehehe,

I already applied, the same day Ken posted the Pic of Fozzie!

Oh, Oh, Oh Mista Horn! Pick me, pick Me!!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Sigh, if you fly me in I'll volunteer!!

I wish you guys were coming to the Toronto Con (biggest comic show in Canada).

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
We used to do the Toronto show, but the promoter treated us so poorly that we have given it up. Shame, too, as it was one of the most enjoyable shows on our schedule. We had absolute nightmares the 2 times that we went. Booth didn't get through customs, hotel reservations wacko, freight costs astronomical. If they can get it together, we may consider adding it back in for '03.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't care for the promoter myself. Actually, I find him to be one of the biggest jerks around, unless you're an actor on a sci fi show, or a sports celebrity, then he kisses your butt.
I avoid him like the plague when I see him at the convention each year. Other than that, it is a good show generally, and I have enjoyed myself every time I've gone (with one exception involving the promoter that I won't bore you with).

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetlabs
unless you're an actor on a sci fi show, or a sports celebrity, then he kisses your butt.
so it's HIS fault...i've met a couple of sci-fi actors that will ONLY talk to you if you're kissing their butts...remind me sometime and i'll tell you about an experience i was party to involving Marina Sirtis.

of course, for every one of her, there's someone like Dwight Shultz, with whom i had quite a neat discussion about schroedinger's(sp?) cat...he was cool...

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by FER SURE
A Mirina Sirtis story??? Do tell!
i can't...just quoting her would get me booted for language...let's just say she wasn't very plesant.

in her defense, though...i hear she's mellowed out quite a bit since then...when i met her it was still fairly early in the series (don't remember how many years back offhand, though).

my favorite convention story is when Dr. Demento told me i was funny! it was after a comic panel i had moderated at our con...it was like god himself had smiled upon me...still one of my proudest moments.

FER SURE

Reaction score
I remeber very fondly when Marina came to my local convention. She was an hour and a half late because she "couldn't find a taxi." We all founs this funny cause she was only 20 mins. from the airport and the hotel had free shuttles. Guess she was to good for that. I got to ask her a question. Of course I asked her about her recent wedding of which the National Enquirer had covered extensively. She was not amused with the question but I was an adorable little kid and what was she going to do about it. She was adamant the nothing had happened except the incident with the flower girls.