Sanjay an Craig: New Nick series

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as the third season shows all the episodes at time of the third season's broadcast. They really put the screws to some of their cartoons and dump heldover episodes on Nicktoons slowly.

I hope this means we'll see some S&C merchandising soon. I want a Toughlips figure!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how the show manages to be disgusting as heck and still extremely touching at the same time. Though, I did kinda wince when Sanjay swallowed...ick...that thing he swallowed.

I also loved the HUGE revelation that Lady Butterscotch was really Sanjay's mother's pet that Leslie won in a game as kids. They managed to take a goofy episode that amounts to a Dragon Ball Z parody and make it a WHAM episode at the last couple minutes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also loved the HUGE revelation that Lady Butterscotch was really Sanjay's mother's pet that Leslie won in a game as kids. They managed to take a goofy episode that amounts to a Dragon Ball Z parody and make it a WHAM episode at the last couple minutes.
And to add an extra layer of Fridge Brilliance: seems like the main reason Noodman had that cat around was to spite his father, who has a crippling fear of cats as revealed in an earlier episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a surprising amount of character development late first season to second season. Turns out the Dicksons actually like Sanjay and Craig and don't have any friends. Even Hugglebunny's got a back story where he used to talk. I'm starting to think the grossout humor is an intended front.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After freaking months of waiting, we're finally getting a new episode tonight. For a show that's supposedly highly rated, Nick really doesn't seem to be treating it with much love. Probably because it isn't one of their awful live action TV shows that popping up every month. Why is Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn a thing? That thing is like someone grabbed all the tropes from the crappy sitcom sack and tossed a show together with them. Nice to know S&C managed to get another episode out this week, though. Can't wait.

Sanjay and Craig has really come into its own second season. It's become my favorite not Ninja Turtle thing on the network in such a short amount of time.

mr3urious

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, I liked the new episodes of Harvey Beaks last week. It has a much quieter tone compared to C.H. Greenblatt's previous show Chowder (not that I hated that more rapid-fire, pun-heavy show), and I like the whole ensemble cast of kids playing off each other. Plus, the animation is just gorgeous with the boldly-colored characters against those oil-painted backgrounds.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was going to actually start a Harvey Beaks thread, but didn't get around to it yet. But I'm loving that sweet new series as well.

While someone was over and we were talking through it, I caught most of the new S&C episode. Anyone else dig how the Nice Horse raver carried over to both episode halves? Also great to see Belle's wild teenager side be the subject of an episode. It really adds more to that character. LOVED Craig essentially making fun of emo ravers for half an episode. But I think the real surprise was the big reveal that Sanjay was allergic to Craig, and the only reason it manifested just now was whatever the heck is in Penny's wings was keeping it at bay. That was another sweet episode. Sanjay's hatred of Pizza kept Craig from going to Money Cheese's, but he just couldn't have fun without him. That's another strong episode driving the friendship dynamic of the series. I do indeed like season one, but this second season has found its voice and hit its stride to become the show it's been trying to be.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also helps that there's "less fart, more heart", according to the writers. Toilet humor has been toned down a bit in the 2nd season to focus more on the characterization, which I enjoy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crazy cartoon theory time.

The Universe of Sanjay and Craig is all in Gene Belcher's head. Think about it. The jokes are very heavy on farts and butts (clearly influence from his sister Tina), and Hector is quite a bit like Gene. Probably trying to get rid of his fear of snakes (they have no legs and that creeps him out), he imagined a cartoon world where the snake is the main character.

Considering the shows are created by the same people, and some of the characters have thin similarities, of course.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Crazy cartoon theory time.

The Universe of Sanjay and Craig is all in Gene Belcher's head. Think about it. The jokes are very heavy on farts and butts (clearly influence from his sister Tina), and Hector is quite a bit like Gene. Probably trying to get rid of his fear of snakes (they have no legs and that creeps him out), he imagined a cartoon world where the snake is the main character.

Considering the shows are created by the same people, and some of the characters have thin similarities, of course.
Does Gene secretly hate pizza? That would make sense as to why Sanjay & Craig don't like pizza. I mean, in that Super Bowl episode of Bob's, Gene did make one of Jimmy Pesto's toilets overflow with his "Super Bowel".