Sarah gets Weird (Al...that is)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
On August 6, was my second concert ever! Weird Al! Here's my review!

ok...we got there 2 hours early! We parked and started to walk to get some food! We walked to the back of the venue when the two people in front of us (the ONLY other people around) take a sharp right. I speed up and see Al! I emit the scariest sound ever heard to man. By then, Al was being put pack into the van (he really looked like he wanted to visit a bit!) So we went and had hamburgers and get back, by then there's an hour to go (it was 6) dad and my brother decided they would watch and see if Al came out. they were ran off, while me and mom were standing in the heat (it was 105 outside) We found our place in line, and waited...and waited and waited....finally at 6:30 we went in, but there were no camera's with lenses (which I told dad) luckily, we brought an extra roll of film and camera! So while dad was heading back to the car (which was VERY close) I got in line for the merchandise stand. They had the pentiums shirts for $10, so I bought the band shirt, and the pentiums shirt. (not bad for $35) We found our seats and waited (sort of patiently) until 7:30 when the opening act came out. He was ok. (I believe it was the same one Tulsa had) kinda bland, but the audience was very polite and still tried to laugh, I decided to make one last bathroom trip, because I did NOT want to go during the show, while I was in there, I saw two girls putting on extreme amounts of make-up. I thought this was weird, but who was I to judge? So I went back to my seat, and waiting around 15 more minutes, they Fun Zone BLARED! The crowd went insane! I got so caught up in it, I started crying. Then when Al came out, my jaw just dropped (we were less than 20 ft away from the stage!) it was amazing! The sound had some troubles to start with (the pre-recorded no no's in A Complicated Song were REALLY off Al just gave a funny look and went on) In One More Minute I felt pumped, I had an aisle seat, and figured I had no chance of Al sitting on my lap (because I'm a minor) I should have switched seats with mom, but I didn't...stupid me. Al went right past me, and I felt his coat BRUSH MY ARM! That's all I remembered! He was two rows behind me, and gave a scarf to a girl who only looked slightly older, and an older woman. And he came down during Wanna B Ur Luvr didn't come down the aisle, but he was down there! In Smells Like Nirvana the girls I had noticed in the bathroom with the makeup were the cheerleaders, they were Ok...but they weren't in sync with each other, and one of them almost forgot it was a family concert! The clips were chosen great, and Al didn't lose tempo or his voice once! The show went great, and in the middle of The Saga Begins the whole audience errupted for no reason at all! It may have been slightly triggered by when Steve came in, but we surprised Al, and it took him a couple seconds to regain, but he did! In Yoda, hearing Al became a challenge at times, the crowd was singing along so much! After the show, around 30 people waited by Al's bus. Steve came out, and we chanted for him, so he came, signed autographs, and migrated back. (that was before some of the people joined, so it was great) then Rubén came out, and signed autographs. Then he came right around I was standing and we chatted for a while. We saw Jim, but he never came out. darn. Rubén just chatted and chatted, until someone signaled that he had to get back. He told us Al couldn't come out because they had to drive 10 hours, no one budged, though. We wanted to see Al, no matter what. The bus backed out (The were watching Back To The Future Part Three in the back) and we could see Al through the front. We cheered and he sat next to the driver (he was wearing a silly putty T-Shirt) and just waved and waved and we all waved and screamed back. It was really fun. We got home around 12:30 and I now know, that I am addicted. Next summer, I will have a job, so I will be able to raise money for my cause to see Al, and I will see every show around Oklahoma (or as many as I can) and I want to get everyone's autograph (I got Steve's and Rubén's on free Poodle Hat postcards they had sitting on a table)

the gladly to be addicted, Sarah

I'm taking the pictures today to be developed, I sure hope they turn out!

On couch Potato he let the audience say that Mahna Mahna line, which was really cool!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Sounds like it was a great concert, Sarah! Al's been in Erie a couple times but I haven't made it to a concert. Next time I'm going to try to go!! Glad the concert was such a success. :smile:
Erin

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Let's face it, everyone who attends Al's concerts has a rockin' good time. Take it from someone who's seen him 4 (soon to be 5) times. :wink: :smile:

Both Jeffrey Gray and I are gonna see him at Great America in September. It'll be pure spectacle as always. :big_grin:

Gremlin

Reaction score
yeah, weird Al is pretty funny. I like His movie Uhf .....that was filmed
in tulsa you know......

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
YES! I loooove UHF!

On the commentary on the DVD, he lists all the addresses of where they shot different scenes. When I can drive, I'm going to make a weekend and go up there or something!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I saw Weird Al a couple of weeks ago at his Navy Pier concert in chicago.I also saw Blue Man Group and The Lion King musical that same weekend!

Erine81981

Reaction score
See u had a great time there. Hope one year I'll get to see Weird Al concurts. (bad spelling) Well hope to see the pic soon.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good time Sarah! I know nothing about weird Al so lots of your post went straight over my head, lol. :smile:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
This setlist Al played for this tour was a lot of fun. I was sad to see he didn't play One More Minute for us, but at House of Blues, it's hard to climb down from the stage into a mosh pit of sorts. But that's understandable. And sadly no Like a Surgeon or Dare to Be Stupid... in fact that whole album seemed to be unrepresented. Oh well.

Glad you had fun on your 2nd trip to see Al. I've seen him 13 times now, and he just keeps getting better and better.

Jeremy

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm surprised AndyWan didn't post in this thread. :concern:
Oh Andy, where art thou?