Sarah...THE WINNER!!! or loser...I can't decide

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ok i'm going to give you the good the bad and the ugly.....

Good! We had a TSA (technology student assciation) conference yesterday! here's what I did

Promotional Graphics: 3rd place
Extemperaneous Speech:1st Place
Prepared Presentation:2nd place

and....i won this with a partner

Technology Bowl: 2nd place
Problem Solving: 2nd Place (the thing was you got 3 index cards and a piece of tape and you had to make a square that was open on two sides and could hold up books ours held 15)

yeah awesome! but heres the BAD

The teacher is getting laid off at the end of the year due to budget cuts......he is more than a teacher he is a great friend of mine. He said if he gets this job in a town that's like 30 miles away he will let me and 4 other people be TSA members there...but i will miss him greatly around campus! the school will probably frown on me for being a TSA member at another school, but if this opportunity arises I will take it. So what if I don't get to compete for my current school, if they won't support me I won't play for them!

now here's a question! what do I do for whom I think is the best teacher ever? He's dedicated so much of his time to the students. I was thinking of getting a picture of us all at state TSA conferance and blowing that up and framing it...then maybe make a cake, and if I can pull it off get a plaque made....any other suggestions?

and for the ugly....hey! where's bryon?:crazy: sorry don't mean to be mean...no i do nevermind!:excited:

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe! Welcome to the world of Byron picker-oners! Byron--->:crazy: hehehehehehehehehehehe!

So, congratulations... maybe. Er, sorta. Wait, what?

I like your plaque idea. Very good. I think he'd like it.

I think what you're planning sounds pretty good. If I think of anything more, I'll tell you.

What are some of his interests? You might want to base what you do around that, and, whatever you do, you gotta show him that you care about him.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I think those are all good ideas, especially the pictures. When we got presents for my tennis coach at the end of each season, we always thought about what we'd done with him each season, like if there were any inside jokes or anything like that. Anyway, last year, the seniors that he'd coached for four years (his favorites if I don't say so myself:big_grin: ), we all made a movie of jokes and stuff that had come up over the years. Then at the end, we all individually put a message on it about how much we enjoyed our time and that we'd miss him and whatnot. Maybe you could do something like that with your other team members.

Oh yeah, congratulations on your placings:smile: