Scary Fraggle Moments

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm gonna liven up an old discussion and say that "Wonder Mountain" gave me nightmares when I was little. I was petrified of the Avalanche Monster but it wasn't only that. It was the entire episode that really freaked me out. The eerie instrumental was scary. Red being hypnotized by the singing cactus was terrible. Mokey crossing the invisible bridge made me nervous. Even Doc scared me with all that talk about bobcats and such! (This was because Sprocket stood watch dog for Mr. Shimelfinny and Doc was worried about him). The ending didn't exactly soothe me when Red and Mokey get to the top of Wonder Mountain and you know that it's really high and there just isn't a lot of room for both of them - plus that eerie instrumental is now just weird and chilling. Yeah, this episode would scare me today.

Frogster

Reaction score
Is this the one where Gobo, Boober, and Wembley have to cure Mokey's plant and Gobo gets the hiccups? I remembered that episode when you mentioned the invisible bridge! I remember Red hitting her face and saying "Found it." I remember her falling down and Mokey making it across. The hypnotizing scene is where Mokey rescues Red from those mummies, right? I also remember her wearing earplugs to protect herself! I saw this episode 14 years ago!

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
In Wonder Mountain, Gobo, Wembley, and Boober plant-sit Mokey's plant Lanford. They're all trying to get him to eat and he won't. They turn around for just a second and Lanford has eaten Boober's laundry soap or something (I don't quite remember what it is). He starts breathing bubbles and Gobo gives him "mouth to leaf recussitation" as Boober says. This results in Gobo breathing the bubbles!
Frogster, I think the part you're thinking of is where Red tries to protect Mokey by marking off the place where the singing cactuses are. She says, "One...." and then the cactus comes alive singing "Two, Three". They sing the "Do the Sashay" song and Red is hypnotized. Mokey comes along and sees this, plugs her ears with radishes, and saves Red. I swear, this whole scene is just emblazoned in my brain!

Frogster

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification! Well, my scary moment, from when I was young, was from the episode "The Great Radish Caper" when Mokey sets off the trap by trying to drag the radish Junior called Geraldine. When the cans go off, you hear that erie music, Junior runs toward her and catches a terrified Mokey. Also, When Red, Gobo and Wembley are out there, it looks like they'll get caught too. Junior had a special way of terrifying me as much as the fraggles. Know what I mean?

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
I've never seen this episode! It sounds like a good one, though. I thought that I had seen most of the episodes of Fraggle Rock until I started reading these posts! It turns out that I haven't seen close to half of them. My mom taped almost all of the episodes from HBO and TNT when I was little but she threw quite a bit of them away a couple of months ago while cleaning! (This makes me sick to my stomach!) I don't remember all of the episodes she threw away but two of them were "Beyond the Pond" and "Boober and the Glob". I remember "Boober and the Glob" pretty well, but "Beyond the Pond" is very vague in my memory. The only thing I remember from this one is Red swimming under water and something about these pink vine-type things. Somebody help me out, here!

Frogster

Reaction score
Mokey Fraggle,
The Great Radish Caper is the best Mokey episode I know of. If you go to your library, you can get it thru inner-library loan. I rent it from time to time. It was the second episode I ever saw.
Sorry I can't help you on the episodes mentioned above. I know what you feel like when your mom threw away the tapes. My mom video-taped over Honk of Honks, Gorg Who Would Be King, Wembley and the Gorgs, Can't Do That Without A Hat, Wander Mountain, A Tune For Two, Boober Rock, as well as some episodes of the animated Fraggle series.

Frogster

Reaction score
:smirk: Some very crucial episodes were taped over! Go to Fraggle Rock Episode Guide and you can probably find some old episodes you recognize. Can someone out there give Mokey a summary on that episode? :excited:

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
Frogster, if you want to email me at tpws4244@yahoo.com maybe I could help you out with some of those episodes you mentioned your mom taped over. I have most of those recorded from TV that I managed to save. We might could do some trading.

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
Just thought of another fraggle moment that scared me! In "A Cave of One's Own" the part where Red gets grabbed by the lurk monster! So creepy but I love it!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I used to be scared of the Trash Heap and Junior Gorg. The first four episodes I ever had on tape were "The Battle of Leaking Roof", "Wembley and the Mean Genie", "The Beanbarrow, the Burden, and the Bright Bouquet", and "The Great Radish Caper".

Junior's eyes were scary to me, and the Trash Heap grossed me out.

I got scared during "Boober and the Glob" when it seemed like the doozers who got swallowed would be gone forever. The terrible tunnel was creepy too- that voice Karen did has got to be the scariest Muppet voice bar none.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole