1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Scary Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by JaniceFerSure, Apr 3, 2004.

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

It was like so, Triple S. :coy: I should know: I asked that question back when Steve was teaching Muppet-like exercises at the Center. He explained to us that there was an electric mechanism inside the mouth puppet that makes the eyes move rather realistically. However, he's the kinda guy who didn't quite like it, so he seldom used it for Wembley.

Still, this was effective, in accordance to the Steve Whitmire Rule: the less you use robotic effects for a puppet, the more likely audience will notice the incredible effect!

2. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

thanks for a vision of how it worked, theShe124!

theSHE124 likes this.
  3. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

I so agree that was a little bit of a freaky episode when I was younger.

4. FraggleFrick

FraggleFrick Active Member

Wander McMooch was my biggest Fraggle fear. :eek:

5. TheRockGoesOn

TheRockGoesOn New Member

Gotta agree with fozziefraggle, McMooch always gave me the creeps.

6. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Because He looks like a toad?

7. TheRockGoesOn

TheRockGoesOn New Member

It was more like how he enslaved Philo and Gunge, but his appearance (and voice) didn't help much.

theSHE124 likes this.
  8. superboober

superboober Member

Come to think of it, Ma going wide eyed and screaming in terror at the sight of Gobo in the opening credits was always bit unnerving as a child.

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. FraggleFrick

FraggleFrick Active Member

I just remembered... I was absolutely terrified of "Incredible Shrinking Mokey"! That Begoony character gave me nightmares as a kid! :eek: