Scary Fraggle Moments

Kiki

Reaction score
Ooh, The terrible Tunnel is soo scary-potatoes! (Just quietly when i watch it at night, i still get a lil' creeped out :embarrassed: ). When i was younger the Gorgs were so-totally freaky-deaky and i used to have nightmares 'bout 'em.

superboober

Reaction score
I agree there just is something creepy about The Terrible Tunnel. As it was heavily in the episode rotation even in later seasons, I did get to see it quite a bit in my formative years. The actual level of terror in the tunnel itself varies; perhaps the scariest part for me was when the clam-like creature pops up without warning and roars at Wembley; I don't blame him at all for panicking and running deeper into the tunnel at that.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I used to get Sweetums and Junior Gorg mixed up seeing as how they are both huge, hairy, and raggedy. I was afraid to go into our basement because I thought he was living in there as well as my closet. Now I find them hilarious.

Lovingly yours,
MuppetMarc

MrsWembly

Reaction score
None of the characters in Fraggle Rock ever scared me....but there were a few moments in two episodes that creeped me out when I was little. One of them has been mentioned. THE TERRIBLE TUNNEL when the fraggles are playing “Hidey Ho” and the creepy voice says “hoooooo..”

My second scariest moment is in GOBO'S DISCOVERY (great episode!) when the invisible garboil goes through Fraggle Rock. The garboil reminds me very much of a hurricane. I saw this episode for the first time in over a decade right after Hurricane Katrina. (I live about an hour away from New Orleans.)

“Sqeak sqeak boing boing just like that.... and now I'm singing in my hat!”

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Red, Mokey, Weebly, Boober has been tied up in the cave

weredog

Reaction score
Like so many others, I found the Terrible Tunnel episode really creepy when I was little.

When I was little I remember being at the babysitters and thumbing through a magazine they had. In the magazine was an ad for an upcoming series on HBO. Fraggle Rock. The ad had a picture of Red's head popping out of a Fraggle hole. And for some reason, I thought Red was a monster. She kind of gave me the creeps. Every so often after that I'd get the magazine, turn to that page and enjoy the feeling of getting creeped.
Of course the show premiered and I watched it. I immediately stopped thinking of Fraggles as monsters and fell in love with the characters. To this day I don't know what five year old me was thinking. Red a monster. How utterly rediculous.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, that's a great story. Sort of like that episode "Believe It or Not" when the Fraggles prove to Ma Gorg that Skenfrith isn't really a monster. He's only a monster because she thinks he is. (Great episode!)

Java

Reaction score
I wanted to revive this, because I've really been thinking about this lately having seen the episode where Mokey befriends Begoney and shrinks. That is one creepy scare episode for me.

The other one that I find scary is the one with the ditzies... for whatever reason that one creeps me out.