School House Rock DVD

Klonoa

Reaction score
Well I went and bit the bullet and bought the School House Rock DVD at full price. Of course, it's a Disney DVD, it would never go down in price, I should've known that, duh. It's worth every penny. EVERY single song is on here, even the ones that are so outdated that they won't show them anymore, like Scooter Computer and Mr. Chips (they talk about BASIC and use 5 1/2 inch floppys, ha). Definitely get it if you've got kids around the house. The adults will go for the nostalgia, the kids maybe will learn something (since it seems the only thing Jeff learns in school nowadays is how to take standardized tests). I always watched School House Rock when I was little, but my favorite was Time for Timer. "I hanker for a hunka cheese!" They need to make a DVD of that. Well, maybe not.

I'm still looking for Gunbare Goemon vol. 3 on DVD. Must get it!

What's your favorite School House Rock song?

--Klonoa
Darn! That's the end.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
SchoolHouse Rock rules!

:halo: Hiya.I have oh so many memories waking up to my Saturday morning cartoons & getting to see SR as a kid.I learned from SR that learning can be simplified,just by teaching in song form.I learned my times table easier & quicker by watching SR than using flashcards(rarely stuck using cards).Knowledge is indeed power. I'm Just a Bill,helped me in a lot of ways while I took the Citizenship test in school.Grammar Rock helped me with sentence structure.I loved Sufferin' Until Sufferage(helped me become more liberated).American Rock I understood history more from SR,than learning it in school.We had to say the preamble in school(boy did SR help,was singing SR The Preamble in my head,while I said it in class).Love Science Rock,especially Energy(makes you stop & think about how we treat Mother Earth).

My fav. will always be Figure 8,very softly sung:"Place it on its side & its a symbol meaning infinity." :smile:

On the dvd,I was happy to see that(outdated but updated),topics like taxes,computers,money,stocks.I love the whole enchilada jukebox feature(I flip flop back and forth between mild & spicy,depending on my mood).I love the dvd eggs.

Glad to still see SR is appreciated Klonoa.Thanks for that. :cool:

"3 its a magic number,yes it is,its a magic number.Somewhere in this ancient mistic trinity,you get 3,as a magic number."-3 is a magic number

"Energy,we're gonna be stretching you ouuutttttttt!"-The Energy Blues

Whatever

Reaction score
Bleah, I saw the one about "I'm only a bill" 50 times in school. That's about the only one they showed, and they did it often, in multiple grades.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is a good DVD if u ever get to see it. My favoirite is ConJunctsion ConJunction. (spelling) Loved that since I first saw it. Loved SHR and I'll love it forever and ever just like the Muppets and the rest of the stuff I love out there.