Scooter and Skeeter

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Is there any chance of ever seeing Scooter and Skeeter together again?

Or Have they even made Skeeter in Muppet form. (like a puppet)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only time I've seen Skeeter in "Muppet" form was in a couple posters of the Muppet Babies, when they were in poseable doll form instead of animated. But there's never been an adult Skeeter puppet, because she was created just for the Muppet Babies series.

And since the loss of Richard Hunt 10 years ago (has it been 10 years exactly yet?), we haven't seen much of Scooter either. The last time he was actually "seen" was in Muppets From Space (he even had a line!), and I believe at the life Muppet Show at MuppetFest 2001. But the chances of seeing Scooter and Skeeter actually together are pretty much nil.

Though you don't wanna hear my idea on getting two of the Scooter figures when Palisades releases series 3 and re-doing one into Skeeter...

MuppetVison

Reaction score
good idea. Why don't they get someone for Scooter like they sdid for Kermit?

Also:
is Muppet Babie, Muppets tonight, and the muppet show on TV anymore?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with how some people felt that Scooter was Richard, and that's still a wound they don't want to open. And apparently the thought was that Kermit was too important of a character to not keep around, while Scooter was expendable. Heck, I still can't listen to Scooter's lines in "Saying Goodbye" from MTM and think of what's happened to the character. Hopefully with his small appearances in MFS and the life Muppet Show at MuppetFest, we'll get to see him more often (hint hint, there are fans of Scooter who miss him, hint hint!).

I haven't heard of any stations in the US that are airing those three shows.

EDIT: Hold up! I think Skeeter may have been in a flashback in "A Muppet Family Christmas." I found a wallpaper that looks like it has scenes from that special, and one is a group shot of the Muppet Babies (as dolls/muppets) sitting on a staircase looking at a Christmas tree. And right above Kermit, half-shadowed, is a Muppet that appears to be Skeeter. But other than that, nothing.

MuppetVison

Reaction score
is that probobly why Dr. Teeth really dowsn't talk any more.

Why not just get Steve Whitmere to do it.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Because Steve is already doing Kermit, and several other characters.

I know that Richard's brother Andy did the voice of Scooter in MFS, and from what I've read of the live Muppet Show a woman was the Muppeteer for Scooter, but no one knows who she is. I think someone might have suggested a person to take up Scooter's role, but I forget who was suggested.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. Though we'll see how the adult Skeeter figure comes out if I actually get two Scooter figures and try converting one.

*slaps self for a mistake made in an earlier post* Richard's brother's name is Adam, not Andy. Sorry 'bout that!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
in one of the storys in the muppet stories books,it mentions skeeter.