1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scooter at The TED Conference

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppetlover123, Feb 29, 2012.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I can't believe that in this year of 2012, Scooter the gofer appeared somewhere without any other Muppet. Perfectly said by ToughPigs:

It is indeed amazing.

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't even use a Scooter smilie. So here: ;););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););)
    PanthraDion and miss kermie like this.
  3. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

AAAHHHH!!! I'm so happy and excited about it I can't BREATH!! There. After a stressful day, what a great thing to praise for tonight! I was really worried after all the Muppet movie hype settled down, Scooter had been forgotten after all, but then this...so awesome!!! Now to kiss everyone of those faces Hubert posted...
    Dominicboo1, PanthraDion and heralde like this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It couldn't have happened to a nicer gofer. ;)
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That's 74! 74 Scooter smilies! Ah-hah-hah! :batty:
    *thunder and lightning is seen and heard outside*
  6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I am SOOOOOO happy Scooter is getting his groove back (even though "techie" Scooter is more an MB thing, but people who've never seen MB won't care, LOL).
  7. heralde

Yeah that's my only slight complaint, lol. But at least he's getting some exposure. ;)
    We Got Us likes this.
  8. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

Mine too, I like preppy little adle-brained go-fer rather than Bill Gates-ish go-fer any day, but I am WAY to happy to complain right now!!! ;-)
    heralde likes this.
  9. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Already posted my happy surprise and delight of this news on another Scooter thread here, my Scooter facebook fanpage, and my FB profile (I'm pretty excited if you can't tell ;)) but I'll also add (and Hubert mentioned this at the beginning) that it's just so exciting and unbelieveable that Scooter appeared on HIS OWN in a public appearance like this. Like We Got Us, I was also a little worried that Scooter might fade a little again after the movie hype died down. I know this appearance is in essence, a reference to the new movie, but I would think/hope this also means he's more popular and well-known with the public than some may have thought, or will be as a result of The Muppets and this appearance.

EDIT:

Just found a report on the TED conference which mentions Scooter's appearance. Also provides a few more quotes/jokes by him.
  10. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see him alone. Not even Kermit was there! That's unusual, but it's also amazing!
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Clearly he's by far the most interesting person to speak at one of those talks.
  12. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

Scooter. Discussed. Puppets.
    KirbTreelo05 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Scooter outed himself! He as much as admitted that he's a puppet! A wiggling doll! But don't worry, Scooter, you're still the same guy we've always known, and we love you no matter what you're made of.

This made me grin so wide. I've downloaded the file just in case it mysteriously disappears like the Academy Award clip did.
    PanthraDion likes this.
  15. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

2:55 - "Speaking on behalf of the global community of puppets and puppet governments..." :D:D:D

One of my favourite things about the last few years of Muppet productions (especially the virals and the new movie) has been the re-emergence of Scooter. I've always considered him to be a vastly underrated character and he has been responsible for a lot of my favourite lines over the years. I think David Rudman has done a beautiful job of making Scooter his own while staying true to Richard Hunt's original vision of the little fella.

While he's a bit more aggressive in this clip than I would expect, the theme of the piece - and its brilliant execution by Rudman - cements a great new direction for Scooter in today's geek-chic culture which still holds true to the character's classic charm and sweetness.

WAY TO GO SCOOTER!!! ;););)
    PanthraDion likes this.
  16. Beauregard

Yeah, Scooter IS a little aggressive, but that's kinda an All-Muppet-All-The-Time trait where they all get so PASSIONATE about a thing, from Kermit to Piggy to Gonzo to even Robin sometimes when they are excited.

Bea:zany:{Mmm...passionate Muppets...:attitude::flirt:}regard
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed how big Scooter came back after David Rudman became his performer. But it's also great they address the whole CGI/vs Puppetry debate.

After all, both are medium, both are a form of performance art, but much like painting and photography, neither should replace the other due to "convenience" or "flashiness." I like BOTH, and it's up to the artist to bring those mediums to life however they see fit. I hate one size fits all. We should have both, co-existing.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  18. heralde

Love how Scooter backed off saying Gonzo was an alien, lol.
    PanthraDion and KirbTreelo05 like this.
  19. heralde

That's OK, Scooter's Daddy always liked playing aggressive characters, lol. ;)
  20. Beauregard

YES! I really enjoyed that backtrack right there. Clearly he knew about the backlash it could cause in minority fan groups :p