Scooter: who's who

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I was thinking of Adam. Just because he's
a Hunt and he's just as good as Brian. Wait-- :concern:---
I agree with you. You know better than I do.

This message will self destruct in 5-4-3-2-1--- :crazy: BOOM!!!!!!!

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I had a huge debate many years ago with a friend about Kermit's voice, It was just as Chrismas Carol was being released. He was disapointed in Whitmires voice. I wasn't. For my friend , he wanted to hear a carbon copy of Jim, and didn't care much about weither a puppeteer even did the voice. For me, I was more concerned with the personality. Steve Whitmire nailed Kermit's personality and always had, even adding to it over the past few years. Jim's Kermit changed over time, and so has Steve. He sound more like Jim every time I hear it in something new. So letting Brian Henson do Scooter falls in the same category, personality. Whoever makes me belive it's Scooter and not just some puppet gets the job. So good luck Brian, you've earned it. :wink:

WiGgY

Reaction score
When it comes to replacements I have mixed feelings. For me, the voice is important, but so is personality.

When it comes to Piggy, Fozzie, and Animal, Eric has the personality AND the voice whichmakes him perfect.

Scooter being done by Brian has personality and a darn good voice, so he's my fav for Scooter.

Now the Swedish Cehf being done by Bill is another huge hit for me. Personality and voice from what I've seen.

From what I heard in the Weezer making of clip with Rowlf, Bill hasn't seemed to capture the voice that well or the personality. He was too much like Bobo. And when Pepe was finally off screen, Rowlf talked about him. Rowlf wouldn't have done that I think.

Kermit is a bit tougher for me. I definatly miss Jim's Kermit, but I also accept Steve's Kermit as the character. I think with Kermit being a radical change hurt the transition process for all. With Scooter, he was silent for so long I think people are way less critical of Brian. Chef is a fairly easy voice so that helped Bill a lot I think. And of course who can beat Eric's Piggy, Fozzie and Animal besides Frank himself?

Anyway thats just how I look at it.

Oh! One more thing. Statler. Statler has not been the same since Jerry took him over. he doesn't sound right, he doesn't look right now, and the interaction between Statler and Waldorf isn't as good either. As you all know, I think Steve captures the look, the personality, and the voice. But I think I've stated my opinion on Statler more than enough times. :big_grin:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
You nailed it on the Rowlf thing. There's something about that character that has to be just right. Hopefully in time Bill BAretta will warm up to it some more.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree with most of what was said here. I guess we don't need to say much more about Steve's Statler, since that's been discussed enough here. I want to comment on Bill's Rowlf. Most of the time he sounds fine. It's basically that he only sounds like Bobo for lines when he has a lower voice. Again, I always thought Bobo sounded similar to Rowlf. But there are differences between the two voices. I still think that Bill should stick with Rowlf rather than giving him to another puppateer. He's been doing the character since MCC. He just hadn't had enough lines. Like somebody mentioned, he just needs to get the dialect right.

WiGgY

Reaction score
That someone was me. :big_grin:

If Rowlf had been brought back in MTI with actual LINES! (I don't think Bill worked on MCC since he didn't do the chef in that one either) And used more in MFS with actual LINES! Then maybe we would have grown on the new Rowlf more. Instead all we hear are grunts, moans, and sighs that sound exactly like Rowlf. Then when we hear him say a whole sentence, and it's not exact, we get dissappointed.

With most character transitions you just have to throw the new guy out there and see what happens, instead of putting him in the back with tiny lines that get everybody thinking the voice is perfect and waiting to be unleashed on us. (no pun intended)

Imagine if Steve didn't do Kermit as a main character at first. Instead, we saw Kermit in the back and heard Steve do something that sounded exactly like Kermit like a laugh or one word that sounded perfect or something. I don't think nearly as many people would be happy with his Kermit as they are now when he finally decided to talk in sentences.

Intead, Kermit was just thrown at us and we had to get use to it fast. That's what Bill should do with Rowlf. Just throw him at us and do the character as a main character like Eric did with Piggy and Fozzie.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I prefer Brian's Scooter to Adam's. It's closer. But, there's one thing everyone's seemed to forget. Scooter's voice fluctuated when he said specific things. When he got sotr of upset or worried (or when singing), his voice got deeper, with a slight growly sound to it. This is one thing that neither Brian or Adam did. That's my only problem with Brian's Scooter. Otherwise, it's dead on.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the problem with rowlf is that bill is to busy doing pepe that he limits rowlf lines in movies and specials etc. but like i've said before, it's all what the writers write and for what character. rowlf will not ever shine if there is a lot of line for pepe.

i didn't like it when bill had rowlf talk about pepe either. it's like bill just loves pepe or something....

ryan

Chilly Down

Reaction score
If anyone has a clip of the voices from RaceMania, PLEASE post them! I've never had a chance to hear them myself.

Does anyone remember Dwayne? He used to post at the Delphi MC forum a lot. We got in a Muppet Impressions contest once, and he did an absolute dead-on Scooter. It was so good it was scary. I know there's no chance of it, but he gets my vote for the new Scooter. :wink: (And though I didn't think so at the time, I now realize he did a dead-on Rowlf too.)

But seriously, though the voice isn't 100% perfect, I vote for Brian as the new Scooter. Matt's busy on Sesame, and Adam's not a puppeteer. Brian needed more characters than just Sal and the possibly now-retired Van Neuter, and I think this is the key. I like Brian's performance of him.

Bobo sounds a lot like a deep-voiced Jim character, so he seems ideal for Rowlf, but ironically, Rowlf in the Weezer thing sounded more like Bobo than anything else. I think with time and practice, Bill will get it right. He's closer than some of the other performers/characters mentioned. And I agree that above all we need to see Rowlf more. I'm tired of him hiding in the background.

BTW, Bill was involved in MTI, as he performed at least Clueless Morgan. I think he did actually perform the Chef in that one, too. The Chef was performed by David Rudman in MCC, and by Dave Goelz in MFS because Bill was busy with Pepe in that scene. I do believe Bill is the Chef's main performer, now, and I'm happy with that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it's a shame that Bill cannot do Rowlf all the time, due to Pepe, but his voice is probably closer than anyone elses.....and he just has to straighten out Rowlf and Bobo

Sarah