scooter's growth spurt?

doc hopper

Reaction score
is it me or is the scooter figure a little large...
on his own, the figure is amazing - especially the shiny jacket. the details are incredible. but standing next to the rest of the figures, he seems a little bit ... well ... big. i mean, he's almost as big as fozzie.

not that i'm disappointed! scooter rules! it's just that if i want to display him with the rest, he has to be slightly seperated so that he doesn't look so humongous!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
havne't seen them all together yet, but I'm sure it'll come up in a couple of weeks...there's always some figures that people think are too big/small, but palisades works off the actual puppet...it's just that the scale of the muppets changes from the way they are performed or something...

sudnam

Reaction score
Yeah, since Scooter is ostensibly a human, he would technically be bigger than a frog but smaller than a bear, although the puppets don't necessarily reflect that. But then, a frog would be much smaller and a bear much larger, so...who can say? As long as Sweetums is twice the size of the regular figures, I don't think I'll have too many problems w/the scale.

WiGgY

Reaction score
It was said that the scale is correct but the muppets themselves change heoght. I think Scooter should be just a little smaller though. I saw a prototype comparison between Scooetr and Kermit. Definatly looks a little weird. Still a cool figure and I'm sure it isn't a big deal. Probably will only be noticed by muppets freaks like us :big_grin:

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by sudnam
Yeah, since Scooter is ostensibly a human, he would technically be bigger than a frog but smaller than a bear, although the puppets don't necessarily reflect that. But then, a frog would be much smaller and a bear much larger, so...who can say? As long as Sweetums is twice the size of the regular figures, I don't think I'll have too many problems w/the scale.
Scooter's not a human, he's a gofer! That was always the joke, cause gofer is a word used for the animal plus lackeys, like a double meaning... A pun for lack of a better word... Actually pun is a better word... Well, he is humanoid, but so are Kermit and Fozzie and Miss Piggy and Gonzo and... Just about everyone! So let's set the record straight:
Kermit=Frog
Fozzie=Bear
Scooter=Gofer
Pops=Human
Gonzo=Whatever!!! (stupid Muppet's from Space contradicting me wherever I go)

Ben Green may not be held responsible for thinking out loud, explaining jokes, or misspelling his own name in unnecessary disclaimers

Luke

Reaction score
I've seen em all together too and personally i didnt think Scooter was that large compared to the others. I dunno, maybe i'm wrong. I don't think i'd change anything even if they had used a bit of artistic license - he's just so cool looking.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think Scooter is meant to be an actual gofer as in the animal. I think the joke was what is Scooter and Kermit calls him a go-for as in go for coffee. He is suppose to be human.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I've seen the Scooter puppet in person, and I have the figure, and I can confirm that he is definitely too big. In fact I'd even go as far as saying that he's kinda...well, giant. The sculpt is perfect as is the paint job , but Scooter is a little guy, and the figure doesn't reflect that at all.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I've seen the puppet too--and he is significantly larger than say, Kermit and Gonzo are....not as big as Fozzie and some of the others, but he's bigger than you might think. I think the Palisades scale is fine.

Quinnnnnnnnn