1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Scotland meets Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Janice & Mokey's Man, Dec 2, 2003.

1. That's right ladies 'n not-so-gentlemen! This week sees the anticipated event of E.M.M.Y. ("Extremely Mini MuppetFest---Yay!") in the state o' Kentucky! :excited:

"Janice & Mokey's Man" will meet "anathema" at the airport on Wednesday at 11:02 p.m., and from then until Saturday it's a good ol' Christmasy-Muppety time in one swingin' apartment! That's one, one swingin' apartment, ah, ah, ah! *KABOOOOM!!*

Really, I'm so excited---among experiencin' American thangs in 'is here part o' the country, Alex is gonna get 'is first taste o' Cheese Grits Casserole! :) He didn't even know what a "grit" was! LOL! :p (Well, not the American kind, anyway...heehee).

He ain't never been to Kentucky before, and I'm gonna have fun "learnin' 'im" all 'bout the Bluegrass State. Wow, muh first international Muppet roomie--weeeeeeee! :D

Kevin's in TN and Emmy's in OH (thought she'd get a kick outta the acronym fer the event, heehee!), but first I'm teamin' up with a Brit! lol :zany:
  2. Stay tuned to this thread for "virtual reports"...:cool:
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

That sounds like great fun. We will hopefully be having a muppet meetup here in Australia early next year.
    I had to post because I was so curious as to what a cheese grit is, what is a grit? lol, I have never even heard of them.
  4. LOL! Well drspy, "grits" are a traditional southun dish. :D

I actually can't stand 'em "plain" or "reg'lar" none, but the way they're fixed in this certain dish, OOOOOHHhhhhhhhhohohohohooooo...

*insert slobbery Byron emoticon here*

Oh, but, grits are, like, this:

"coarsely ground hulled corn boiled as a breakfast dish in the southern United States"

:)
  5. Beebers

Beebers New Member

In some ways, drspy, the U.S. is still The North and The South. We Yankees up north know what grits are but are fundamentally unable to consume them. (No offense, anyone, it's just true.) However I'm sure that Alex will love them. Perhaps in exchange for grits he can bring some haggis.
  6. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Imagine an International muppet meetup where everyone brings a national food dish. It would be interesting!
  7. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Alex, while you're there, detour on down to Louisiana for some Cajun and Creole cookin', it's fabulous. Welcome, welcome, to the U.S. of A.!!! Kentucky is gorgeous, bring a camera. And the grass really is blue.
  8. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Now THAT would be cool. We should organize an MC International Food Get-together. It could last for days and we could just feed ourselves silly. Great idea.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

And not just countries, but regional cooking from within countries, the U.S. for example is not just MacDonald's, we have as many regional recipes as we have states and towns.
  9. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Kentucky is beautiful, especially in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains (at least the parts that haven't been stripped of coal). And being born and bred here, I don't particularly favor grits, but I will eat them occasionally.

J&M's Man-What part of the state are you in?

I'm in London. (Kentucky)

Ben
  10. Beebers

Beebers New Member

I'm in Paris. (In my mind.)
  11. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Paris is so cool! One of my best friends and I went there for a weekend to celebrate being made National Merit Finalists (it's a lot cheaper too go to Paris from Germany- only sixty Euros including the bus both ways and the hotel). One of my favorite memories is singing songs from MCC with her in Paris- it's the wacky stuff that you remember!
  12. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Neat-O.

I've never been. It's one of those Someday things. Someday I'll get to go. I'll take a boat, though, and stay a long time, none of this Europe-In-Ten-Days nonsense. Then I'll take a boat back. I don't like to fly.
  13. Phantom

Phantom New Member

You know we have a Paris, Kentucky (central KY, near Lexington). Not quite as exotic, but I think they are using the Euro.
  14. Beebers

Beebers New Member

And I could drive there. I shall go. I wonder how many Paris, USAs there are?? To the atlases, all!
  15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'm excited to hear more about Alex coming to the US, and to hear what he has to say after rooming with Byron for a bit. COOL!!

Of course, the offer's open to anyone coming to Memphis, too.

Say, one thing about GRITS is that they are made (generally) from ground HOMINY CORN. I always thought it was funn-ee to hear folks say that they can't stand grits but love hominy corn (when asked in 2 seperate questions)!! HA HAAA!

Anyhow, remember this from The Muppets Take Manhattan?

Pete: *Says something like* Here, Rizzo. Table 4!
    Rizzo: Huh? What's this?
    Pete: Hominy grits!
    Rizzo: How'm I supposed to know "how many" grits? Count 'em yourself! HA HA HA HA HAA!
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

So that's what went wrong with the Euro!
  17. Phantom

Phantom New Member

You ain't from around here, are ye?

Nothing, just trying to be absurd. Didn't mean to offend.

Let it be known, I publicly announce that I have no problem with the Euro, but I reserve the right to amend my remarks in the future. :p

Rusty Shackleford
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Me too.
  19. Phantom

Phantom New Member

My name's not Rusty either.
  20. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Once upon a time a European cousin of mine whose name really IS "Grit" came to visit. And boy oh boy, did we have a rip-roarin' good time.

So if Grits are involved, how can Alex and Byron have anything but a great time? Exciting, Byron! :zany:

Good luck & lots o' fun! :flirt: